Finance & Services
Tax – Finance & Services
Lead Specialist, Tax
MTN Level 3H
Chief Financial Officer
• Provide specialist advice and direction through a thorough risk assessment of Scancom Plc and its subsidiary’s tax position, develop and implement optimal tax structures across the organization. Also, oversee and report on all tax accounting, compliance, planning, advisory and risk management functions in MTN GHANA. This will entail internal and external stakeholder engagements with a view to achieving the organization’s corporate objective of being a responsible corporate entity and maximizing shareholders’ returns.
• Rapid growth and expansion of MTN Ghana operations.
• Dynamic and highly regulated and competitive telecommunication and ICT industry.
• An evolving macro-economic environment both local and international.
• Company Mission, policies and procedures.
• Changes in Local and International transfer pricing regulations.
• MTN Group risk management framework.
• The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Complex tax environment.
• Huge demands from Ghana Revenue Authority intense compliance level.
• Increased Transfer Pricing Audit and regulations.
• Increased focus by GRA on Telecom Companies.
• Rapidly changing business model and its attendant tax risks.
• Thorough risk assessment of Scancom Plc and its subsidiary’s tax position and development of optimal strategy and communication of key issues to key stakeholders.
• Leadership and management of key relationships with GRA, external advisors and senior management in the implementation of BRIGHT strategy.
• Determination and implementation of optimal tax structures across the organization.
• Local implementation of Group-Wide Oracle Tax Cloud system.
• Ensure accurate and timely computation, payment and accounting for various taxes (VAT, PAYE, CIT, NSL, CST, Customs Duties)
• Resolution of all Group tax matters arising from normal course of business
• Prepare documentation and request for filing of disputes to tax authorities with respect to assessment outcomes
• Transfer Pricing policy & documentation, including managing all aspects of transfer pricing, scoping, fact gathering, economic analysis and implementation.
• Manage financial and functional analyses to determine transfer pricing implications of supply chain decisions and all intercompany transactions
• Management and administration of company Pensions Schemes
• Provide tax advice to Management on all financial and commercial operations
• Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimization projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
• Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
• Set clear directions, goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain progress and maintain motivation.
• Manage performance of team
• Manage Staff career discussions, training and development and ensure necessary actions/ interventions are put in place
• Recruit staff for appointment
• Embed risk culture
• Create an enabling environment for team to perform
• Advise management regarding effects of operations on taxes and proper strategies for minimizing tax liability.
• Manage all tax risks and provide guidance to the MTN Group on potential up or downside
• Hands-on leadership by example, especially on technical tax and payroll issues
• Provision of leadership to subordinates and other areas of the business
IT Security Responsibilities/ Tasks:
• Comply with all Information Security Policies and related documents
• Report security weakness/incidents to either the respective head of department or the Enterprise Information Security Manager
• End Users must not exploit known security weaknesses.
• Participate in all forms of Information Security Awareness
• Promotion of Continual improvement of Information Security
• Monitor compliance to the information security management system requirements by the Teams
• Communicate the importance of effective information security management to your teams
• Direct and support your team/s to contribute to the effectiveness of the information security management system
• Business Risk Management
• Financial Acumen
• General Accounting
• Internal Audit Practice
• Legislation and Compliance
• Planning and Budgeting
• Tax Compliance
• Tax Management
• Tax advisory
• Stakeholder management skills
• Vendor Management
• Business Performance Measurement & Management
• Business Consulting
• Financial Systems
Skills / physical competencies:
• Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict management, ability to take and manage accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills - Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills - Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills - Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organizational Positioning Skills - Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
• Skill in Resource Management
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Accounting
• Must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAG, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW)
• Must be a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation -Ghana
• Law Degree is a plus
• 8 years’ work experience in tax administration including;
• Managerial track record of 5 years; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
• Experience across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
• Experience in tax management.
• Telecoms industry experience will be an advantage.
The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 29th August, 2019 to:
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
13 September, 2019