Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
Leadership for Learning Coordinator Reporting and Management
• Reports to Executive Director
• Works closely with Key Adviser Leadership for Learning & Institutional Development
• No line management responsibility Job Description Responsible for coordinating implementation of the ‘Leadership for Learning’ component and related activities. This involves working closely with the Leadership for Learning & Institutional Development Key Adviser to oversee the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Support NTC and GES (through RMMDDEs) to strengthen governance and leadership across all Senior High Schools (SHS) by implementing a blended learning training package for School Boards and Senior Management Teams of every public SHS. Assist Boards and SMTs to work together to develop and implement Improvement Plans setting out the steps required to improve learning in each institution which require headteachers to adopt the role of curriculum leaders. Work with the Assistant Director for Supervision within each MMDDE to develop plans for overseeing progress against these Improvement Plans.
• Introduce a Results-Based Financing mechanism for all SHS to incentivise achievement of objectives and targets within SHS Improvement Plans.
• Work to ensure that the Professional Educational Leadership Qualification Curriculum Framework (PELQCF) is officially approved by the Government of Ghana and work with a university (or universities) to develop a blended learning Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership.
• Represent the organisation in public forums and meetings as required and produce written reports and updates as needed to fulfil obligations to clients. Work proactively to develop and oversee implementation of workplans and resolve problems and issues as and when they arise. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education management and leadership or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 10 years’ working experience in education project management, capacity building workshops organisation and facilitation is required
• Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, the value of education.
• Knowledge and experience of educational leadership in Ghana, teaching and learning, school management, and education quality improvement.
• Excellent managerial and planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted workplans and see them through to completion.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance and results.
• Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT and report writing skills including experience in preparing donor reports.
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020