Aker Energy Ghana Ltd. is an Exploration and Production (E&P) company and the operator Of the Deepwater Three Points block offshore Ghana. with offices in Accra and Oslo. Norway, The company has its sole focus on and producing oil and gas resources in Ghana in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner for the mutual benefit of Ghana and the company and its partners.
Aker Energy is part of the Norwegian Aker group of companies and builds its operations on Aker's 175 years of and proven track record of enhanced oil recovery. safe and reliable deepwater technology and operations, and development.
When you join Aker Energy. you join a diverse and experienced team. We are looking for dynamic and entrepreneurial people to take an active part in this industry adventure. Bold and innovative ideas are welcomed at Aker Energy. The *get it done* team spirit and ambitious objectives will provide exciting growth and development opportunities for the right Candidate.
Our values are Transparent; Safe, Secure and Sustainable; Innovative; Decisive; Respectful; and Value. These values are an integral part of our company culture. and the right candidate identifies with these qualities.
Tasks and activities
• To provide legal and regulatory advice and support to country management and staff. Areas of particular focus may be:
o Ghanaian legal and regulatory issues
o Petroleum law and subsidiary legislation
o Contracts with suppliers and subcontractors
o Land and communities
o Environmental legislation and obligations
• Focal point for Ghana joint venture and service contractor parties as required.
• Responsible for identifying legal risks and proposing appropriate control frameworks to mitigate the risks to ensure business continuity.
• Managing external counsel to handle company legal issues in Ghana, as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good university degree in law with a preference for a Masters in oil and gas law or related field.
• Six years experience in a commercial legal environment in a private practice firm, in-house or other business environment.
• Good knowledge of and experience in Ghanaian and international laws and practices in the oil and gas industry.
• Strong personal customer service orientation and ability to build relationships.
• Good IT/analytical skills with experience in Microsoft suite.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Data Interpretation and analysis.
• Strong engagement and presentation skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Please send your application to
17 September, 2019