A reputable stated-owned financial institution seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the undermentioned roles: Legal Officer Successful candidates, will work closely with the Head of Legal to undertake the following
• Draft and vet routine contracts pertaining to lease on properties, licence, non-disclosure agreements, intellectual property rights etc.
• Vet tender documents, handle arbitration matters and civil suits before various courts of law should any arise
• Draft and vet Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), Memorandum of Understanding (MOUS), Bank Guarantee, Indemnity Bonds (if any), Undertakings and Authority Letters, Vendor contracts, etc.
• Negotiate, draft/review and finalise a variety of contracts within the Bank.
• Coordinate with Business Units and Finance to negotiate appropriate contracts with other parties Provide advice on contract statuses, legal risks and commercial terms of the various contracts
• Renewal, amendment and termination of contracts in consultation with Business Unit or Support Renewal, amendment and termination of contracts in consultation with Business Unit or Support functions in line with their requirements
• Handle litigation matters, including commercial and labour-related litigation
• Liaise with and support external counsel on the facts and evidence of cases handled
• Provide legal opinion and advice on legal and commercial matters affecting the Bank
• Assist with Board Secretariat duties when necessary
• Be familiar with Microsoft Office suites – Word, Excel and Powerpoint Qualification Required & Experience
• A University degree in Law. Must have been called to the bar, preferably the Ghana Bar, with a minimum of 5 years of practice. A postgraduate or professional legal qualification will be an added advantage
• Considerable knowledge of court rules and procedures
• Good knowledge and understanding of banking operations and practice
• Current with case law with particular reference to banking and labour laws/practices
• In-depth knowledge of corporate law and company secretarial practice
• Excellent legal drafting, good analytical, deductive, negotiation and networking skills
• Excellent report writing, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong leadership Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants are required to submit their application and curriculum vitae clearly indicating the interested role to: [email protected] Closing Date:
23 September, 2020