Programmes & Projects
• Annual Salary: USD 36,901 - USD 51,637
Principal Programme Officer, Programmes & Projects
Under the direct supervision of the Principal Programmes Officer, the Legal Officer shall, among other things, carry out the under listed responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review legislation and recommend most relevant improvements as and when necessary;
• Coordinate and participate fully in Mutual Evaluation exercises;
• Coordinate, manage and support the Working Group on Mutual Evaluation;
• Examine, analyze and provide legal opinion on documents relating to the conduct and implementation of AML/CFT policies;
• Contribute to the production of reports on programmes implementation performance or any other related issues;
• Rigorously ensure high quality of reports particularly with regard to the accuracy, consistency and comprehensiveness of their contents.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Law or related field.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years professional experience preferably in legal practice or international law practice. Entry point will depend on the level of experience of the candidate. A post-graduate degree will reduce the number of years of experience required by two (2) years.
• Relevant knowledge acquired within an international organization would be an advantage.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Knowledge of or thorough familiarity with economic and financial crimes, including money laundering, financing of terrorism and law enforcement, would be an advantage;
• Good social and communication experience in working effectively with government officials as well as multilateral and bilateral agencies;
• Proven ability to plan and organize work, review and edit the work of others, produce reports and papers on technical issues in concise, clear, objective and professional format;
• Possess sound interpersonal skills, sound judgement and decision making skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, respect for diversity, build trust amongst staff and maintain effective relationships with development partners, stakeholders and civil society;
• Good knowledge of the international instruments, standards and good practice, including the 40 FATF Recommendations and GIABA’s mandate;
• Sound negotiation skills and ability to convince Member States to take ownership of programmes allocated to them.
• Applicants must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
• Applicants must not be over 50 years of age at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of an ECOWAS Member State.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address:
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).
04 December, 2015