Brainy Bairn is a rapidly growing International school located in richly diverse community of West Legon, Accra. We run the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) curriculum. Our school is home to both Ghanaian and international students aged between 9months and 18 years old.
We are looking to recruit a qualified Librarian to manage the school library.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide termly reports on the status of books and make recommendations to the heads of school and management.
• Categorize books and resource materials by standardized classification systems.
• Ascertain students’ needs and assist their efforts in locating information.
• Collaborate with teachers to ensure that materials needed for school work are available.
• Prepare book orders in consultation with the heads of school at the end of each term and/or academic year.
• Act as the main link between the school and book suppliers.
• Organize book fairs for all departments of the school.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good honours degree in Librarianship or related course.
• Experience in effective and total management of a school library.
• Proven ability in promoting reading among pupils and students.
• Ability to use current resources available to upgrade the library to an international standard.
• Be able to develop a tracking system to ensure that no book belonging to the school is misplaced or kept in a student’s home beyond approved period.
• Be able to provide detailed record-keeping of all books and resources in the library.
• A strong and positive work ethic and a responsible attitude to working with children.
How To Apply For The Job
Please email the following to:
(Note: Subject of your email should be the job title)
• Personal Statement detailing your skills, strengths as well as professional experience, explaining how well suited you are to the descriptions and specifications listed above. (must not exceed 2 pages).
• Curriculum Vitae
• Two References
27 March, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.