The Governing council of Cape Coast Technical University Announces the Executive Search for hardworking, resourceful and visionary persons for the following position: Librarian
• The Librarian is the Head of the University Library and reports to the Vice-Chancellor in the management of the Library.
• He/She is responsible for the provision of adequate, relevant and up-to-date reading, and audio-visual materials to support teaching, learning, research, innovation and community service functions of the University.
• He/She provides leadership in advancing the University's teaching, research and innovation mission through a clear vision of the Library's role.
• He/She provides comprehensive strategic planning, incorporating of emerging technology, sound fiscal management and engagement of all members of the University community.
• He/She ensures the maintenance of a good environment for reading and learning in all libraries of the University.
• He/She exercises professional and administrative supervision over staff of the University libraries and ensures the efficient and effective running of the libraries of the University.
• He/She shall, in conjunction with the Library Committee, and subject to approval by the Academic Board, formulate policies for the maximum development and utilization of the libraries of the University.
• He/She shall represent the Library in contacts with Administration and committees of the University.
• He/She she collaborate and maintain linkages with the relevant and appropriate institutional libraries and organizations within and outside the country in order to keep up with development trends and attain exposure to developed systems.
• He/She shall perform any other official duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Vice-Chancellor.
Terms of Appointment:
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University consistent with the Technical Universities, Act 2016 (Act 922) as amended and Statutes of Cape Coast Technical University.
• The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
How to Apply For the Job
• Candidates are to submit six (6) copies each of their application letter attached to their Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four (4) pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
• Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted using a registered postal mail to reach the address below (as applicable) and copied to the email addresses below not later than February 27, 2019
Search Committee for Librarian
c/o Office of the Registrar
Cape Coast Technical University
P. O. Box DL50
Email: [email protected]
27 February, 2019
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED