Duties and Responsibilities
As a Lift Operator, the officer’s primary role is to ensure the safe and smooth use of the lifts installed at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Commission. Duties of the Lift Operator include the following:
• Follow all standard operating procedures for maintaining safe conditions in the lift.
• Assist and educate/inform users on the proper use of lifts, whenever necessary.
• Maintain lift huts in a clean and fresh condition.
• Assist occupants of the lift during emergency evacuations.
• Maintain record on any incidents that might occur in the lift and report same to superiors.
• Promptly submit reports on technical defects observed on any of the lifts for immediate action.
• Remind superiors to ensure that lift maintenance schedules are adhered to.
• Responsible for courier services when not on lift operation duties.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of SSCE/WASCE.
• Must be able to work with people of different backgrounds.
• Must be a safety oriented person.
• Ability to work with people in a cheerful and courteous manner.
• Must be ready and willing to perform duties which are not necessarily lift operation function, such as assisting with mail dispatch.
• Must be punctual at all times.
• Must be available at all times, even on week-ends and holidays as may be required.
• Must have strong communication skills. Age
Candidates must not be over fifty (50) years of age at the point of recruitment. Language
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Community: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage. Annual Salary:
USD 44,328 - USD 51,637 Location:
Lome, Togo How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in. Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 June, 2015
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL.
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2347034188920
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2347034188920
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).