Keegan Resources Ghana Ltd. ("KRGl") is a fully-owned subsidiary ofAsanko Gold Inc., a company which is building the Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana's next gold mine. The vision of Asanko is to become a mid-tier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders. Key Responsibilities:
• Implement, Coordinate and Manage Health/medics surveillance program for the mine;
• Ensure that effective Health monitoring is performed and recorded;
• Proactively maintain high occupational health standards;
• Provide adequate primary health care for all employees;
• Liaise and coordinate all off site medical/health programs;
• Preparing health and medical strategies and developing internal medical protocol;
• Liaise with government departments and other agencies on health and medical matters;
• Ensure compliance to the SHE Management System and participate in system audits;
• Supervise and ensure medicals are adequately conducted for all employees;
• Support the SHE Manager. Qualification Required & Experience
• MBChB, Medicine and Surgery; Advanced life support (ALS); Occupational Safety, Health & Environmental Management certificate.
• Minimum 5 years experience as a medical practitioner with emergency and extractive industry experience.
• Thorough understanding of Safety Management Systems;
• Sound knowledge of risk management and loss prevention processes;
• Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills;
• Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license and proficiency in driving;
• Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislative requirements.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
• Limit your CV to 4 pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to: Unit Manager – HR Administration, Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd.
No. 4, Sir ArkuKorsah Road, Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra-Ghana.
email: [email protected] Closing Date:
26 June, 2015