CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
LOGISTICS OFFICER – CARE INTERNATIONAL IN GHANA
• Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana (“CARE”) is seeking qualified candidates for a role as Logistics Officer. The full-time position will be based in Sunyani and will require frequent travel to Western North, Ashanti and Bono Regions.
• The Logistics Officer is responsible for providing the supply chain needs/requirements of the project including procuring all program supplies and services, accounting for all assets, managing stocks, and managing fleet concerns.
Key areas of responsibility of the Logistics Officer will include:
• Project Delivery - Responsible for safekeeping the hard copies and soft copies of the procurement packages, asset management forms, fleet management forms, warehousing documents, distribution reports, and other pertinent documents relating to supply chain. Follow up with suppliers e.g. delivery schedules of goods and other procurement related concerns. This includes coordinating with the suppliers/service providers for the delivery and transportation of the goods for the program. Oversees fleet concerns that includes the daily movement of the project staff, mobilization of project supplies for distribution and for trainings/workshops, observance of safety & security protocols, management of drivers (both CARE drivers and rented vehicle drivers), and submission of the monthly Fleet Analysis.
• Administration - Ensures the appropriate use and security of assets and equipment assigned to the project office area. Ensuring proper housekeeping of physical and electronic files and project assets are accounted for and deployed as appropriate Institutional Learning - Contribute to organizational learning and enhanced capacity in planned intervention and activities by providing feedback to the team on issues and areas that are to be improved. Outlines recommendations for key issues that arise during the project implementation Security and Safety - Assist in ensuring that the necessary measures are in place to ensure security, safety, health, and well-being CARE staff, and other visitors; and that security standards and procedures are strictly adhered to. Support partnering efforts and opportunities with the Local Government Units, other government line agencies and structures, NGOs, and other stakeholders through consultation, information sharing when necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain management, Business Administration or related areas.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft word and excel application
• At least 3 years work experience in handling logistics and procurement
• Effective communication skills, both in written and verbal forms in order to establish effective relationships with a wide range of audiences, including at a geographical distance
• Ability to think and act fast
• Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
• Resourceful and focuses on the solution rather than the problem.
• Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
• Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Submit applications via email to:
with the “Logistcis Officer Application” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
30 June, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applicants should be aware that CARE has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption, and toward any kind of harassment, exploitation and abuse.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty. CARE defines "diversity" beyond the regular classifications of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability, and includes diversity of perspectives that uphold CARE's core values. Our goal is to create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity in everything we do. We are also committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for our staff, partners and beneficiaries with specific attention to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child protection.
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY