is a recruiting firm specializing in recruiting solutions in Africa. We are based in Accra, Ghana and recruit for various industries. Our best candidates are professional with deep local expertise in Africa. Description Of Job
An opportunity has opened within the Oil & Gas sector for a skilled Logistics Specialist. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting needs in the field through the provision of top-quality distribution and logistics management while keeping costs competitive.
Our client is an international Oil & Gas operator with interests within the West African region. The position is based in Takoradi, Ghana. Responsibilities include:
• Ensures timely and accurate deliveries to meet day to day needs and updates relevant business units concerning shipment ETAs.
• Seeks to transport goods in an efficient and a cost effective manner.
• Acts as primary contact for customers regarding logistics functions.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate collection of needed documentation and its communication to customs brokers.
• Ensures the accuracy of cargo request details including valuations, Dangerous Goods notes, descriptions, Controlled Goods, and HTCs.
• Monitors goods and shipments in route and coordinates with needed departments.
• Properly and accurately files corporate regulatory documentation.
• Monitors customs clearing timeframes and escalates delays when they occur.
• Liaises with product suppliers to ensure that products are available when needed.
• Regularly supports business unit analysis through T&M evaluation.
• Ensures cargo permits and authorizations are available to both customers and field operations.
• Proposes ideas to increase savings on freight and liaises with Business Analysts to control freight reimbursement. Salary:
Compensation is competitive. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in logistics or any related field.
• 2+ years practical experience in a similar position. Experience within the Oil & Gas industry preferred.
• Highly analytical with an eye for detail. How To Apply For The Job
To apply, You may also send resumes to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
12th August, 2012