Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine. Job Description
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Long Hole Operator/Trainer. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment. Key Responsibilities
• Accurately drill a series of Long holes to a design pattern using a mechanical drill;
• Read and accurately follow mine instruction plans with precision, ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile;
• Communicate with Surveyors, Geologists and Engineers to optimize drill patterns and metres.
• Drill accurately several long holes to a pattern of design using a mechanized drill;
• Set up and troubleshoot on Longhole Drill rigs, specifically on the Sandvik rigs;
• Comply with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations.
• Carry out standard workplace inspection practices and procedures and prepare area(s) for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the Underground Hard rock Mining Industry preferably with Production charging experience, Up and Down holes;
• Minimum of five (5) years’ working experience as a Longhole Driller;
• Experience operating a Sandvik DL 431-7C in underground mining industry;
• Understand and drill to production design plan;
• Previous experience drilling both Up and Down holes using drill bit sizes ranging from 76mm – 152mm;
• Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operation of an Underground Longhole Machine;
• Sound mechanical knowledge of a Sandvik DL 431-7C;
• Able to set up the drill on semi automation for continuous drilling over shift change;
• Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
• Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
• Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision;
• Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve;
• A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification;
• Ability to workday and night rotation. Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job Selection Process
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders. Application Process When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
• Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first.
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject. Closing Date:
20 June, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.