Canadian Feed The Children (CFTC) is an international development organisation with a mission to alleviate the impact of poverty on Children. For over 25 years, CFTC has been working with local partners around the world. The organisation currently operates in Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Haiti, Bolivia, and across Canada, to deliver programmes that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on the health, education and well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. Job Summary
• Reporting Relationship
– Project Director
– Senior Administrator (020 7881119) The M&E Specialist is responsible for:
• Ensure that an effective and participatory gender-sensitive M&E system is established and maintained;
• Oversee and take responsibility for implementation of the Performance Measurement Framework (PMF);
• Provide advice and insight into M&E manuals, including processes and procedures for staff;
• Guide the process of developing performance questions, sex-disaggregated indicators, and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets;
• Design the formats for annual surveys in collaboration with the project team;
• Develop other gender-sensitive data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative);
• Provide technical oversight and guidance to M&E Officers working in each of the two regional project offices;
• Coordinate data gathering by project field staff and establish feed-back mechanisms;
• Recruit, guide, and supervise other organizations/consultants that are contracted to conduct surveys, baseline surveys, etc. for the project;
• Develop control measures and protocols to ensure quality of data;
• Ensure that staff are inputting accurate and timely data in the MIS and provide regular gender sensitive analysis at the output level to monitor implementation according to the work plan;
• Prepare or review monitoring reports, identify challenges and potential bottlenecks in project implementation and feed learning back to project management;
• Support staff in preparing progress reports to ensure timely, high quality reporting to the donor and other project stakeholders;
• Support the development of annual work plans and budgets, including annual milestones;
• Provide training to field staff in results-based management (RBM), participatory monitoring and evaluation techniques;
• Undertake field visits and participate in project events to directly observe project progress and to interact with beneficiaries to gain a better understanding of the picture presented from monitoring data collected, noting changes not explicitly covered in the project performance monitoring plan;
• Promote an operating culture that supports the learning objectives of the project by constantly improving observation, communication, and team skills; and,
• Any other duties as may be assigned. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in a relevant field such as applied social science, statistics, international development, etc.
• At least 8 years of practical experience in international development, with at least 5 years specifically in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems.
• Must have demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative research/survey methodology.
• Must have strong skills in analytical thinking and interpretation of data to deduce solutions for decision-making.
• Experience developing gender sensitive data collection tools.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of gender equality.
• Experience building capacity of staff, partners and counterparts in M&E, in both formal and informal settings.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
• High level proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel and Access.
• This position may require up to 25% local travel within northern Ghana. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please send cover letter and CV clearly outlining how you meet the required skills and experience, including the specific software with which you have experience. Also indicate your gross salary expectations.
CVs and covering letters should be sent to: [email protected] Closing Date:
22 September, 2015
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews
• We are an equal opportunity employer.
• Suitably qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.