NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Management Information System (MIS) Officer At Plan International
Plan International Ghana is a global organization that works side by side with communities in 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and healthcare programs to education projects and child protection initiatives. Across program areas, Plan's activities are guided by a Child-Centered Community Development (CCCD) approach, which is rights-based, holistic, gender sensitive and inclusive.
Plan International Ghana is an international Child-Centered Community Development organization that seeks to help excluded/marginalized children realize their full potential. In order to strengthen its Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Unit, Plan International Ghana is looking for dynamic and results-oriented persons to fill the under mentioned positions
The MIS Officer is a member of the MER unit. The purpose of the position is to ensure compliance with Plan's corporate systems and to generate data for routine
Dimensions of Role:
• Responsible for corporate system management (SAP, Programme Accountability and Learning Systems (PALS) tracker, programme library, etc.) and for data quality control in MER data bases;
• Supports high quality MER through provision of information and learning from corporate systems.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports planning and monitoring of Country Programmes and projects through information generated from corporate systems and data bases;
• Manages and coordinates with all the SAP Operational Units to ensure consistency and integrity of data for reporting;
• Ensures SAP data base quality at CO level:
• Provides training and technical support on SAP, the Programme Library and the PALS tracker to staff;
• Monitors project outputs via SAP and prepares report about projects at risk:
• Leads the development of data bases for indicator tracking in sponsorship and grant projects;
• Supports data base management for sponsorship and grants projects;
• Develops and manages the Geographic Information System(s) for programme data.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Demography, Measurement. Planning. Monitoring & Evaluation. Development Studies. Social Sciences or other relevant field;
• At least 2 years of experience in corporate system and data base management:
• Skills for the design, entry, analysis of excel tables, Access as well as for Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
• In-depth experience of SAP and the data cleansing processes;
• Solid writing skills (report writing etc.).
Requirement for the Position:
• Fulfills Plan's Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
• Maintains gender sensitivity at all times.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to addition to the email address provided below, not later than 13th November, 2015:
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of job responsibilities with a cover letter
• Certifies photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related)
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail address
Plan International Ghana Country
Office, No 10 Yiyiwa Street
Closing Date: 27 November, 2015
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted
Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply