Chemonics International, a US-based international development consulting firm, seeks an experienced MIS Specialist for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Ghana. The MIS Specialist will provide support to the USAID GHSC-PSM project. He/She will be responsible for assisting the Systems Strengthening Team Lead with implementation of MIS tools, systems and strategies to support the supply chain efforts of Ghana Health Service, Ministry of Health, and other key stakeholders involved in the distribution of health commodities throughout Ghana. The key goals for the position include:
• Providing project management support for MIS and system strengthening
• Developing strategies for supporting the MIS system options to be maintained by GHSC-PSM
• Promoting standards across MIS systems to support interoperability of systems
• Coordinating with the global MIS team for system integration to increase supply chain data visibility Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• The MIS Specialist will work in the design, evolution and delivery of pharmaceutical management solutions.
• The individual will play a lead role within the GHSC- PSM project working with the Systems Strengthening Team Lead, Technical Director, Country Director, the M&E Manager and others in designing and developing interventions to improve the use of data for decision making.
• Additionally, the individual will work in the evaluation of systems and identifying gaps in functionality, monitoring and tracking the use of supply chain solutions across GHSC-PSM Ghana.
• The MIS Specialist is involved in all aspects of solution definition, solution development, internal and external stakeholder management, and responding to the client.
• The individual must have a proven background in software development lifecycle management and successfully implementing solutions. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, be solution oriented and self-motivated. Responsibilities:
• Provide technical assistance for MIS system strengthening to support GHSC-PSM Ghana
• Contribute to the development of strategies for implementation of the GHSC-PSM Ghana MIS solutions to strengthen availability of information to support decision making.
• Provide technical oversight to vendor supported activities to ensure delivery of high- quality products, in accordance with the specifications; ensure user compliance to specifications and recommendations.
• Provide on-the-ground monitoring and document progress towards achieving project’s/country results using performance indicators
• Develop and manage user trainings, update and maintain technical project related documentation.
• With direction from the GHSC-PSM Ghana Systems Strengthening Team Lead, share information and ensure stakeholders are routinely informed about MIS activities
• Identify new technologies, functionality, hardware to continuously refine GHSC-/PSM’s strategy and solution portfolio to promote sustainability and interoperability
• Coordinating with the global MIS team for system integration to increase supply chain data visibility
• Promote standards for supported IT systems to encourage interoperability among relevant systems
• Assist with the development of GHSC-PSM Ghana work plans, monitoring progress against deliverables, and reporting requirements
• Assist to identify opportunities and coordinate the project’s work with other partners
• Other duties as assigned Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline is required. Bachelor/License required and Master preferred, and with at least 5-years’ experience.
• Relevant information technology certifications related to MIS and/or systems strengthening activities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain management, logistics systems, data warehousing, business intelligence, and data visualization considerations preferred.
• Knowledge of contract management, intellectual property and USAID guidelines.
• Experience working in developing country settings implementing information technology solutions preferred.
• History of actively participating alongside a large high-performing team of IT professionals to suggest and implement workable solutions.
• Ability to work with external stakeholders in implementing complex programs.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, integrity and ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
• Proficiency in written and spoken English required. Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Accra, Ghana, with intermittent travel throughout the country. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
28 April, 2021