The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), a world class centre of excellence for training in leadership, management and administration, located at Greenhill, Achimota, invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as Manager at Kumasi ,Takoradi and Tamale
The incumbent will coordinate all GIMPA programmes across schools and tacutties. He/she must be appoint able at the rank of Senior Lecturer or higher. Reports to:
Deans of the various schools and faculties. Responsibilities:
• Embark on consistent admission and marketing drive for the campus.
• Define the objectives of the Unit, allocate resources and monitor progress against targets.
• Plan and allocate/delegate work appropriately and take responsibility for the outcome.
• Supervise, motivate and develop staff, to eris ure effective team working.
• Develop annual operating budgets and provide fiscal direction to the unit.
• Solve problems and deal with complaints and manage change during the introduction of new work systems.
• Develop and Implement strategies for generating revenue for the Unit.
• Submit monthly reports to management.
• Supervise the creation and maintenance of student records and provide information on student statistics.
• Provide leadership by disseminating information, advising and coaching,
1) Represent the Unit at various meetings,
2) Manage training programmes,
• Oversee the processing of student admission applications, registration and student orientation.
• Handle all academic matters of the Unit.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned by Management. Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master's degree in Public/Business Administration or related area from a reputable University.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years post masters qualification working experience in administration or managerial capacity. Competencies:
• Must have appreciable level of computer literacy.
• Must have excellent managerial and leadership skills.
• Must possess skills in effective decision making.
• Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have customer service skills.
• Must have the ability to establish priorities.
• Must have good negotiating skills.
• Must have problem-solving skills .
• Must have planning and organising skills.
• Must be pro-active and result driven.
• Must be a team player.
• Must have the ability to prioritise and manage many cases at a time. Location:
Kumasi, Takoradi and Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants may submit their application, including their most recent curriculum vitae to the following address: The Human Resource Manager Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) P. O. Box AH 50 Achimota, Accra
Email: [email protected]
Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the above e-mail address. Closing Date:
18 December, 2015