Manager, Account Receivables Job Summary:
Responsible for ensuring that all revenue and its related receivables due to the company are accurate, timely and correctly accounted for in the books of accounts in accordance with relevant accounting standards i.e. IFRSs and IASs. In addition effectively and efficient manage collection points and make sure that amounts due and collected on behalf of the company are correctly and promptly lodged into the company’s bank accounts. Job Role
• Ensure that all revenue streams (except Interconnect) are accounted for on monthly basis in the ERP.
• Ensure that all receivable balances are managed for prompt payment when they fall due.
• Manage the monthly analysis of all receivables and issue the ageing report.
• Ensure that all collections from cashiers including the POS are fully accounted for in ERP.
• sure that Dealers/Agents transaction are monitored in relation to their guarantees and credit limits.
• Ensure the generation and despatch of dealers transactional statements and invoices.
• Ensure monthly Oracle Cloud reconciliation for reported receivable balances
• Ensure that all commercial inventory transactions take place timeously on daily basis.
• Support Quarterly and annually stocktake takes
• Ensure monthly reconciliation (in the cloud) of all inventory items, indicating the ageing, performing monthly NRV of all inventory and to reflect all movements and balances (both quantity and value) in the ERP.
• Give relevant input into the review of departmental policies, procedures and operational processes and recommend changes/updates where appropriate.
• Provide relevant input for monthly/quarterly Management Reports and Boards/ARC papers.
• Support periodic Group’s chart of accounts review and revenue reclassification in ERP and Hyperion.
• Coach & transfer knowledge to subordinates, manage team performance and plan PDPs of subordinates.
• Coordinate and liaise with other divisions and related parties to improve efficiency.
• Review final GL revenue and receivables reports and related tax issues. Context:
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly regulated environment
• Performance driven environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Group best practices & standards alignment
• Regionalization structure implication
• Developing sophisticated processes
• Strong Customer oriented environment Qualification Required & Experience Education
• A Degree in Business/ Accounting
• CA/ACCA certification would be an added advantage. Experience
• 5 years relevant experience. 3 years of which must have been in a supervisory role. Knowledge/ Technical Competencies:
• Professional knowledge in Accounting, (International financial reporting standards, IFRS).
• Business Acumen, Problem Solving, Information processing, Influencing others
• Adept in the use of Oracle EBS, MGP, Excel, TABS
• Variance Analysis
• Get it done, Communication, Innovative, Agile, Accountable
• Good knowledge of pertinent software applications; performing accounting procedures; planning and managing projects and preparing and maintaining accurate records. Skills / physical competencies:
• Ability to manage self and team performance, good conflict management and dispute resolution
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently.
• Interpersonal Skills - Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills - Trustworthy, integrity in dealings
• Operating Skills - Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills - Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills, reporting skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities, Critical and Inquiring mind, Attention to detail
• Strong ethical practices NB:
The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 4th January, 2019 to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Closing Date:
04 January, 2019