Our Client, a Public Service Institution invites applications from highly qualified and results oriented professionals for the following positions: Manager, Agriculture Sector
• The role holder will serve as technical advisor on all agriculture sector related matters and contribute to capacity building of specified entities in the sector, towards enhanced financial performance and governance by the entities.
• He/She will provide technical advice and support for the effective delivery of performance, monitoring and evaluation activities of agriculture sector specified entities in accordance with the established Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) framework.
• Conduct annual reviews of the mandates, organisational structures and strategic plans of specified entities in line with prevailing policies / reforms, economic and statistical data in the sector, and make recommendations to the relevant stakeholders
• Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems and policies to facilitate the review and assessment of the operational activities of the specified entities
• Lead the provision of advisory services to specified entities in relation to performance issues and establish guidance mechanisms to enhance their financial performance
• Engage specified entities to ensure compliance with standard Corporate Social Responsibility programs open to the specified entities and in line with applicable government polices
• Lead pre-negotiation and negotiation activities related to performance agreements and contracts with the Boards of specified entities and the Institution
• Lead engagements with the Board / key stakeholders of specified entities related to the evaluation of board performance
• Provide technical assistance / advice in the conduct of audits of performance reports from the specified entities
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of quarterly performance reports for submission to relevant stakeholders
Qualification Required & Experience
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• Master’s degree in agriculture, agricultural science, agronomy, natural resources management, food security, nutrition or related fields
• Relevant professional qualification from recognised institutions (e.g. The Institute of Agricultural Management, PMIAgrMor PFIAgrM)
• Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience in Agriculture, Food industry in the private and public sector of which at least two (2) years should be at a managerial level
• Demonstrable experience with strategic planning, investment appraisal, budgeting and monitoring of agriculture sector activities and strengthening of institutional and organizational capacities in the agriculture sector is an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please send your application with a detailed CV to:
27 December, 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.