• Responsible for supporting the company secretariat to ensure compliance, good corporate governance, and the management of the company’s records, reports, and related communication. Job Role
• Support the end-to-end Board process, by ensuring high quality papers are circulated to Directors.
• Responsible for minutes drafted on timely basis with all Board actions duly and clearly documented and proactively followed per assigned.
• Facilitate and/or participate in interactions with Regulatory bodies, Registrar General, Securities and Exchange Commission and Ghana Stock Exchange as assigned.
• Ensure continuous update of tailored induction programs for all newly appointed Directors.
• Offer advisory services for Directors relevant trainings to build directors capacity.
• Maintain a training catalogue and register for all trainings rolled to Directors.
• Coordinate the administration of Annual General Meetings ensuring compliance with Companies Act, Constitution and Policies of the Company.
• Filing of statutory returns and other relevant documents at the Registrar General’s Department, Ghana Stock Exchange, and other relevant bodies.
• Organize and maintain documents in paper and/or electronic filing system.
• Review of related charters, terms of reference and policies to align with Companies Act, related laws and regulations and Companies’ Constitution.
• Review of new laws impacting corporate governance, Scancom Plc and its subsidiaries.
• Assist with Board Evaluations and analysis of feedback to inform performance requirements.
• Management of Insider trading Register with relevant stakeholders
• Input into the Policies, Processes and Procedures of the Company Secretariat
• Draft letters/ resolutions and documents in accordance with the Companies Act and business needs as required by the Company Secretary.
• Conduct research on related business areas to ensure compliance and alignment with best practices, including collation and analysis of statutes, decisions, legal articles, codes, documents and other data related to the Telecommunication and ICT industry.
• Network, build solid relationships and develop a close working relationship with internal and external stakeholders to provide an integrated service.
• Champion the use of the Delegation of Authority Matrix across the organization. Participate in the review of related Business Processes internally and externally to drive efficiency gains and meet overall business objectives.
• Keep Company Secretariat library up to date by monitoring legal papers.
• Perform any administrative and logistical duties as assigned. Context:
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Regulated environment / Complexities of listing on the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) given expanded ecosystem.
• Performance Driven Environment
• Diverse cultural
• Customer Experience being the core of delivery. Qualification Required & Experience Education
• A Degree in Law and a qualifying certificate in Law (ie. Bar Exams etc.) Experience
• 6 years relevant Experience
• Experience in a Company Secretarial role is an added advantage.
• Experience in engaging with securities commission is an added advantage. Professional/Technical competencies
• Contract Management / Drafting skills
• Information Management
• Reporting skills
• Stakeholder Relations Management
• Filing and record keeping
• Computer literate
• Research and analytics Skills/Physical Competencies:
• Ability to manage self, good time management, takes and manages accountability.
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently, creativity and innovation.
• Interpersonal Skills – leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops others.
• Personal Skills – trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively.
• Organisational Positioning skills – good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
• Must always be discreet and maintain Confidentiality. NB:
The Incumbent must always maintain strict confidentiality. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Kindly Indicate Advert number IRC24276
in the email subject Closing Date:
08 July, 2021