Our Client, a Public Service Institution invites applications from highly qualified and results oriented professionals for the following positions: Manager, Compliance & Sanctions Job Summary
• The role holder is responsible for reviewing operational activities of the institution and the specified entities for compliance related control functions in accordance with relevant regulations and frameworks. He/She will support with the development of policies and guidelines for compliance and sanctions in accordance with the institution and other relevant regulations.
• In addition he/she will be responsible for implementing and reviewing policies and procedures and internal controls to assure compliance with applicable regulatory and legal requirements as well as best practices. Key Responsibilities
• Manage procedures and controls to assure compliance with applicable regulatory and legal requirements as well as good business practices.
• Provide effective operational risk controls and compliance in accordance with the institution’s regulations, relevant acts, regulatory standards and policies to ensure guidance for compliance.
• Provide support for the development of a comprehensive and effective compliance management mechanism to assess, monitor and manage the various categories or industries of specified entities to ensure adherence to code of ethics and reduce the frequency of non-compliance.
• Provide support for the communication of government policies and guidelines for compliance and sanctions for implementation by the specified entities and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines.
• Liaise with heads of the specified entities to ensure the effective operation of business and appropriate implementation of sanctions and solutions.
• Support in the provision of advice and capacity-building for the specified entities in the implementation and evaluation of compliance related substantive and procedural issues.
• Assist in the definition, review and evaluation of performance contracts and mandates of the relevant entities to ensure compliance and sanctions are well defined.
• Develop a comprehensive compliance and sanctions register to assist with review and monitoring of recommendations by sanctioned specified entities.
• Lead the research team to conduct detailed analysis of compliance issues in the specified entities to inform appropriate measures and sanctions. Qualification Required & Experience Essential and Desirable Criteria
• A Master’s Degree in Risk Management, Law, Business Management or related field
• Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIA, ICSA, ACCA)
• Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience in Corporate Governance or Risk Manager in the private and public sector of which at least two (2) should be at a managerial level Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please send your application with a detailed CV to: [email protected] Closing Date:
27 December, 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.