Finance & Services
Corporate Performance Management
Manager, Finance Business Partner (Commercial)
MTN Level 3
Senior Manager, Corporate Performance Management
• Ensure alignment between the assigned business unit and Finance operations in order to ensure that specific expectations of the line of business and its employees are appropriately managed.
• Act as the finance resource dedicated to the assigned functional area
• Provide support on planning, budgeting and forecasting process for the Line of Business (LoB).
• Provide insights and challenge the process to ensure that business plans are more commercially robust from initiation
• Guide and advise internal clients on financial implication of actions / decision.
• Provide appropriate finance support to the LoB to create competitive advantage and enhance shareholder value
• Provide decision support to the LoBs from a finance perspective
• Collaborate with Finance Centres of Excellence (CoE) and Opco Finance BPs to develop and implement an integrated financial planning strategy
• Identify and mitigate risks to protect the MTN business from potential losses
• Ensure compliance to external regulatory requirements (e.g., disclosure and reporting)
• Foster a conducive customer-focused environment and MTN culture
• Liaise with divisional heads and managers to understand specific requirements relating to financial operations
• Support business as the first point of contact for various Finance operational activities including taxation, payment processing, etc.
• Assist Line of Business (LOB) head in budget estimations and monitoring
• Review commission calculations to ensure that computation is in line with the approved commission structure
• Prepare and update Line and Business heads with key analytics to enable decision making
Obtain operational feedback on Finance services from LOB Heads
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly regulated environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Group best practices & standards alignment
• Centre of Excellence and Shared Services environment
• Regionalization structure implication
• Supply market demographics
• Opco specific restrictions on local content
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree in Finance with professional qualification in ACCA/CA/CIB
• 5 years of relevant experience with at least three years in a supervisory role
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
• Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
• Set goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain motivation
• Manage performance of team.
• Identify staff training and development needs and implement necessary actions
• Responsible for Career management of team
• Input in hiring talents.
• Create an enabling culture and environment for team to deliver on business objectives
The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 17th December, 2018 to:
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
17 December, 2018