Banking / Finance
Job Vacancy For Manager, Finance Business Partner (Commercial)
Division: Finance & Services
Department: Corporate Performance Management
Position: Manager, Finance Business Partner (Commercial)
Level: MTN Level 3
Reports to: Senior Manager, Corporate Performance Management
• Ensure alignment between the assigned business unit and Finance operations in order to ensure that specific expectations of the line of business and its employees are appropriately managed.
• Act as the finance resource dedicated to the assigned functional area
• Provide support on planning, budgeting and forecasting process for the Line of Business (LoB).
• Provide insights and challenge the process to ensure that business plans are more commercially robust from initiation
• Guide and advise internal clients on financial implication of actions / decision.
• Provide appropriate finance support to the LoB to create competitive advantage and enhance shareholder value
• Provide decision support to the LoBs from a finance perspective
• Collaborate with Finance Centres of Excellence (CoE) and Opco Finance BPs to develop and implement an integrated financial planning strategy
• Identify and mitigate risks to protect the MTN business from potential losses
• Ensure compliance to external regulatory requirements (e.g., disclosure and reporting)
• Foster a conducive customer-focused environment and MTN culture
• Liaise with divisional heads and managers to understand specific requirements relating to financial operations
• Support business as the first point of contact for various Finance operational activities including taxation, payment processing, etc.
• Assist Line of Business (LOB) head in budget estimations and monitoring
• Review commission calculations to ensure that computation is in line with the approved commission structure
• Prepare and update Line and Business heads with key analytics to enable decision making
Obtain operational feedback on Finance services from LOB Heads
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly regulated environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Group best practices & standards alignment
• Centre of Excellence and Shared Services environment
• Regionalization structure implication
• Supply market demographics
• Opco specific restrictions on local content
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree in Finance with professional qualification in ACCA/CA/CIB
• 5 years of relevant experience with at least three years in a supervisory role
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
• Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
• Set goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain motivation
• Manage performance of team.
• Identify staff training and development needs and implement necessary actions
• Responsible for Career management of team
• Input in hiring talents.
• Create an enabling culture and environment for team to deliver on business objectives
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 17th December, 2018 to:
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 17 December, 2018