• Responsible for building and strengthening partnerships with Government institutions/agencies, International Organizations and SMEs to meet business goals/objectives including Revenue Generating Subscribers (RGS), Revenue Generating Merchants (RGM) & Revenue.
• Evolution and highly competitive Fintech Industry
• Multi regulated and multifaceted stakeholder management
• Environmental, social and governance prioritized
• Partnerships at the core of business practices
• Increasing demand for Fintech/digital experiences decisions to keep up with customers.
• Performance driven environment
• Global and MTN Group Fintech standards and best practices
• Active media engagement and brand reputation
• Convergence in markets and exploration of non-traditional revenue streams requiring complex interpretation and structuring
• Agile ways of working
• Ensure effective implementation of divisional strategy by means of providing key input and support
• Responsible for all business engagements to grow the MoMo clientele base and drive revenue.
• Lead engagement with both Government, SMEs, and other institutions for new business opportunities
• Management of strategic Partners including Government Institutions/Agencies, International Organizations and SMEs
• Product life cycle management for B2B, B2P, G2P and P2G products
Develop and implement:
• Commercial and sales strategy
• Products and value proposition
• Identify new business opportunities and support team in the follow up engagements.
• Planning and preparing business sessions with the prospective clients.
• Provide insights into product development based on business engagements.
• Develop plan to support business development engagements in the regions by leveraging the Field Sales Team.
• Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery
• Escalate issues that will result in significant time, scope, employee/customer, or cost impacts if not resolved
• Support the development of an operational playbook for fintech operations
• Ensure seamless implementation of business strategies
• Handle capacity building and best practices sharing to improve execution at the team level.
• Lead in developing and maintaining the best MobileMoney limited (MML) value propositions to SMEs and Governments
• Support implementation of new products and services
• Support the development and implementation of commercial and sales strategy
• Review and identify key risks, issues, and dependencies and set mitigation actions
• Conclude commercial agreements with SMEs and Governments
• Manage commercial negotiations with SMEs and Government Institutions/Agencies
• Provide input into the review of all projects initiated
• Review key risks, issues, and dependencies and set mitigation actio
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a University degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience financial services with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
• Good understanding of SMEs and working environment of Government & International Organisations
Professional/ Technical competencies
• Market Intelligence, research, and Insights
• A deep understanding of marketing principles
• Business Development models
• Business Reporting
• Sales Planning
• Customer Relations Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Financial Acumen
• Commercial acumen
• Manages self and be a team player, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking, and Problem-solving abilities.
• Good business sense
• A positive attitude
• Negotiation skills
Must live the MTN Values of
• Can Do; Integrity; leadership; Innovation; Relationships
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number Ref no: MTN-MML-ADTRACK11
as the email subject and ensure that CVs are saved in their names. Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
11 July, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.