Our Client, a Public Service Institution invites applications from highly qualified and results oriented professionals for the following positions: Manager, Governance & Risk Management Job Summary
• The role holder will ensure adherence to corporate governance, risk and compliance relating to business operating systems as well as the facilitation of the development of policies and guidelines for governance and risk in accordance with the relevant regulations, legal requirements and best practice. Key Responsibilities
• Liaise with specified entities for the drafting of procedures and controls and provide support implementation to assure compliance with applicable regulatory and legal requirements as well as good business practices within the institution and the specified entities.
• Generate information for the development of an effective governance and risk management assessment mechanism to facilitate the identification and management of the specified entities as well as the reporting of risks (risk profiles of specified entities).
• Provide capacity-building support for the specified entities in the implementation and evaluation of governance, risk and compliance processes.
• Develop a comprehensive risk register to provide support in monitoring and keeping abreast with regulatory developments.
• Prepare relevant reports on risk issues for the Head, Governance, Risk & Compliance to identify and mitigate risks and recommend sanctions.
• Provide the framework for systems to review the procedures and controls of the specified entities to assure compliance with applicable regulatory and legal requirements as well as good business practices.
• Review operational activities of specified entities and coordinate the conduction of risk analysis to facilitate the mitigation of risk factors.
• Provide support for the communication of government policies and guidelines for risk management and governance for implementation by the Specified Entities and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines.
• Collate information to facilitate the assessments of institutional performance of identified entities to ensure they are in compliance with all operational, legal and regulatory requirements such as the Ownership Policy, Public Financial Management Act, Companies Act, etc. Qualification Required & Experience Essential and Desirable Criteria
• A Master’s Degree in Governance, Public Administration & Development, Risk Management or related field
• Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIA, ICSA, ACCA)
• Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience as a Corporate Governance or Risk Manager in the private and public sector of which at least two (2) should be at a managerial level Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please send your application with a detailed CV to: [email protected] Closing Date:
27 December, 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.