Job Vacancy For Manager, IS IN & VAS Operations
Division: Information Systems
Department: IS Operations
Position: Manager, IS IN & VAS Operations
Level: MTN Level 3
Reports to: Senior Manager, IS IN & VAS, MFS Operations
• Responsible for driving and efficiently managing the operations and maintenance of Billing & Charging and Value Added Services plus their supporting Services and ensuring that all service availability are fully met timeously.
• Manage daily tasks planned and scheduled for the business support section and nodes (CCNs, OCCs, AIRs, EMM, EMA, Voucher Server, Huawei SDP, Seamless ERS, Gemalto Platforms, IVR and Voicemail Platforms, etc.
• Drive operational excellence
• Implement the procedures and policies across all platforms
• Manage the preparation of weekly/monthly reports related to unit,
• Manage the documentation and logging of all executed tasks
• Manage the provision of support on reported escalated system issues that are picked via customer facing channels (Service Center, Call Center, Customer Care)
• Develop and implement policies and functional procedures pertaining to the security, maintenance and operation of the systems
• Ensure proper monitoring of Convergent Services and highlight potential fraud issues
• Ensure Periodic Health checks are done on the different servers / services
• Manage the daily tasks planned and scheduled for the section
• Develop SLAs with third parties and ensure they are complied with
• Driver operations excellence from Managed Services/Operations entities in the section
• Assist in preparing the current and future plans of expansion and growth
• Responsible for other divisional interface related to the Convergent Service (NWG & CC)
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or its equivalent
• Microsoft and/or Cisco Professional Certifications a plus.
• ITIL Practitioner Certification a plus.
• COBIT5: Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT is a plus
• 2G, 3G and 4G Technologies
• Minimum of 5 years relevant IT experience in a Telecoms environment.
• Out of which 3 years must have been in a supervisory role
• Sound knowledge of internet working technology.
• Knowledge of security areas such as Auditing, Policy, Database Security
• Risk and data flow Analysis
• System capabilities, limitations, and programming logic (Mandatory).
• 2G, 3G and 4G Technologies
• Basic TCP/IP, LAN and WAN Topologies
• IT Service Management (ITSM) or ITIL Standards Framework expertise.
• COBIT Certification
• Coaching & Developing
• Managing Accountability
• Teamwork & Cooperation
• Customer Focus
• Performance Excellence
• Taking the Initiative
• Analytical Thinking, Problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Team building abilities
• Ability to function under pressure.
• Ability to think and articulate thoughts logically
How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by December 21, 2018 to:
Kindly indicate the Position in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 21 December, 2018