Director, Resource Management & Operations Job Purpose
• To coordinate and supervise the installation of computer systems by ensuring that backup systems operate effectively and also provide the ICT technology infrastructures for the Petroleum Commission and the National Data Repository (NDR) including the creation and maintenance of computerised database management system to store and retrieve data and information for the commission and the National Data Repository (NDR). Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop, deploy and maintain appropriate ICT Infrastructure and connectively solutions for all directorates and departments within the Commission for secure, efficient and effective flow of information to facilitate operations and decision making
• Develop, deploy and maintain a appropriate Business Applications that support critical business processes to facilitate operations and decision making and security systems that ensure Network, Systems and Data security from internal and external security threats.
• Develop, document, implement, test and review Business continuity Plan (Disaster Recovery Plan) in alignment with the Commission's Data Management Plans for ensuring high systems availability and business continuity
• Develop, deploy and maintain performance Monitoring and reporting systems that provide management and technical reports for decision making and operational support.
• Establish appropriate operational procedures, tools and resources for effective and timely delivery of technical support to all users that ensure high user productivity and guarantees customer satisfaction
• Provide team leadership by building and maintaining a high performance and motivated ICT Team.
• Collaborate with geophysical operations and other data producers to facilitate and coordinate complete, accurate and timely data management solutions for seismic data, near surface and statics data, time-to-depth conversion, velocity, depthing and other geophysical data.
• Provide seismic data support for Explorationists in the Geosience department. Technical Competencies
• Proven skills in data management of seismic data required
• Solid knowledge of pre-stack and post-stack data, near surface and statics, Time-to-depth conversion, velocity analysis and depthing is required
• Ability to resolve and enhance data quality of seismic data is required.
• Experience in LINUX environment is required
• Knowledge of serial query leader (SQL) and scripting is required
• In-depth knowledge of software, hardware, LAN and WAN integration is necessary. Behavioral Competencies
• Analytical thinking
• Good verbal & written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to lead teams effectively.
• Ability to work well with others (Team Work) Qualification Required & Experience
• A good first degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, ICT, Information system Management or equivalent is required
• Master's degree in Computer Science, ICT, Information System Management or its equivalent is preferred
• Minimum of 10 years experience in IT and data management
• Oil & Gas industry experience will be an advantage
• Qualified as a Microsoft certified systems engineer or cisco certified network associate. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All applications should be sent to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
25 September, 2015