Manager, Networks Core
Senior Manager, Network Operations
Manage the performance of the Core Network operations on a National basis in order to:
• Ensure a high quality Network experience for the end user (customer)
• Provide 24-hour Operation and maintenance of all Core Network functions nationwide
• Manage the activities to provide sufficient capacity of the Packet and Circuit Switch Core
• Monitor Core Network KPIs including but not limited to the following nodes: MSS, MGW, BSC, RNC, HLR, CCN, CBC, SGSN, GGSN, NTS, MCF etc. together with network optimization rules for application.
• Manage the development of an automated and effective environment for the Core. This includes aligning KPIs with the overall MTN philosophy.
• Liaise with Managed Services provider to ensure that the Core Network is operated /managed according to Worlds Best Practice.
• Ensure DRP of Core network is updated , maintained and tested by Managed service provider
• Maintain the value of the core network assets
• Manage the relationship with other operators to ensure sufficient interconnect capacity and the KPI based quality.
• Interface across the company with stakeholders to ensure a seamless operation.
• Interface with International Organizations, such as Global standardization bodies (ITU/3GPP/IEEE), Vendors, and international telecommunication operators (Belgacom, etc) to ensure MTN Ghana network stays ahead with new technologies, Products and Services.
• Ensure planned work related to core network is coordinated with relevant stakeholders and impact analysis is shared and testing done to ensure set objectives are met.
• Analyse cross-systems impact with the various vendors present in the MTN Ghana network.
• Manage the integrity of the Core Network data configuration and software configurations
• Participate in Group initiatives/activities in the area of core operating
• Facilitate the research, definition, specification, planning and integration of the operational requirements for new technologies and new services into the network that is being supported by Core Network Operations in coordination with the Managed service provider.
• Report regularly and comprehensively on the progress and activities of the Core nodes.
• Manage the application of e-TOM quality principles in core operations elements. This includes the review and generation of quality procedures.
• Ensure that the MS vendor develop efficient processes and procedures and is integrated with MTN Ghana related PPPs.
• Ensure problems are escalated to the appropriate internal/external stakeholders to speed up problem resolution
• Ensure Customer complaints related to core network faults raised by internal and external stakeholders are attended to and resolved within agreed KPIs.
• Managing assigned CAPEX and OPEX cost
• Responsible for building the necessary processes & procedures for adding prepaid and post-paid roaming partners
• Ensure adequate, competent staff/ MS vendor levels across Core Network Operations
• Ensure adequate resources for new technology
• Maintain a dynamic environment to ensure maximum performance from vendors
• Manage the complexities of the interaction between the multitude of technologies and services in the Network
IT Security Responsibilities/Tasks:
• Comply to all Information Security Policies and related documents
• Report security weakness/incidents to either their head of department or the Enterprise Information Security Manager
• End Users do not exploit known security weaknesses.
• Participate in all forms of Information Security Awareness
• Promotion of Continual improvement of Information Security
• Monitor compliance to the information security management system requirements by the Teams
• Communicate the importance of effective information security management to their Teams
• Direct and support their Teams to contribute to the effectiveness of the information security management system
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a BSc. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in the core network operations in GSM environment with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
• In depth knowledge in GSM & WCDMA networks' architecture, topology, protocols and Interfaces like CCITT 7, BSSAP, MAP, ISUP, GCP, SIP, BICC, IPBCP, QAAL2 etc…
• In depth knowledge in CS and PS Core network architecture / topology
• Adequate knowledge on the IP based Core Network Associate Routing & Switching
• In depth knowledge in operating systems (Windows, Linux & Unix)
• In-depth knowledge of ITU/ETSI /3GPP/IEEE standards
• Ability to guide others in analyzing complex network related problems
• Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
• Ability to communicate commitment to environmental, health, and safety policies and practices
• Ability to produce accurate, punctual and detailed work plan
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
• Adequate knowledge in Project management
• Adequate knowledge in Vendor management
• Ability to manage self and team performance and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
• Demonstrate evidence of influencing and coaching skills
• Ability to accept responsibility
• Assertive, Self-starter, Proactive, Innovative, Attention to detail
• Professional approach with a can do attitude
• Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative, ability to coach & develop direct reports
• Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Good written and verbal communication, and commitment to the organization
• Analytical thinking and problem solving abilities.
• Skill in negotiation
• Adequate Knowledge in business continuity management
• Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
• Business acumen
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the Position in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
30 May, 2019