Our client is one of the committed financial services providers in the Ghanaian Banking industry. In order to maintain and consolidate its position, continues growth and delivery of quality services to its customers our clients is seeking outstanding, dynamic and proficient professionals to drive excellence in its, Risk, Corporate, Finance and Operations departments. Title:
Manager, Trade Sales Report to:
Head of Transaction Banking Summary of Job Purpose:
The Trade Sales Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Trade Sales Strategy of the Corporate Banking Department. The role holder will also lead efforts to roll out Trade Solutions across the Corporate portfolio and also grow market share through understanding client needs and superior service. Key Duties:
• Develop, articulate trade business strategy aligned with Corporate Banking Strategy and corporate goals and execute a clear plan leading to positioning the Bank as the leading and preferred trade finance, advisory and supply chain finance solution.
• Develop and co-ordinate roll-out of trade products, commodity and supply chain finance sales strategy to effectively grow client share of trade wallet and market share.
• Formulate a clear and well-articulated business development plan for new trade and commodity finance customer acquisition.
• Deliver consistent revenue growth and at the same time managing expenses with a continuous focus on expense reduction.
• Develop a client development, retention and acquisition plan for each trade product, commodity and supply chain finance, and lead sales for key strategic accounts.
• Drive significant deposit generation and trade revenue through supply chain finance, international trade products and commodity finance.
• Target strategic dealers of key corporate customers/sectors and drive a specialist team working with the value chain unit to achieve scale on weekly, monthly dealer conversion and share of deposit targets.
• Monitor and manage trade and supply chain finance product utilization. Effectively cross sell other Corporate and Consumer Banking products.
• Implement a sales and call plan (weekly, monthly) tightly manage and monitor trade, commodity and supply chain finance sales performance working closely with internal stakeholders and customers.
• Build and manage a sales pipeline of strategic deals and manage end to end deal conversion closely working with internal stakeholders to cross sell corporate and consumer banking products.
• Pro-actively develop innovative, competitive, differentiated trade products and execute marketing strategies to grow customer acquisition, retention and growth.
• Regularly develop competitor trade, commodity finance and supply chain finance products and service benchmarks, understand well competitors drivers,strengths and weakness, market share/client base and the impact that these factors have on the Bank’s value proposition.
• Ensure consistent high quality service delivery to customers and ensure that Budget and KPIs are met.
• Ensure that trade accounts are active, products utilized, acquire and retain the largest share of trade, commodity and dealer finance business wallet, positioning the Bank as the number provider of trade financing services in Ghana.
• Own the overall problem resolution processes working with customers, operation and technology to ensure a seamless delivery.
• Own all Income Surplus and Balance Sheet accountabilities relating to Trade and deliver profitable growth and financial objectives. Prepare periodical reports as required to Head of Transaction Banking Unit.
• Ensure that all the administrative functions of the trade and value chain portfolio including submission of Credit Reviews are conducted in accordance with laid down procedures and standards as well as regulatory requirements.
• Work closely through the Head of Transactions Banking Unit with internal stakeholders to ensure strict compliance to local, regional and global regulations governing trade. Key Performance Measures [Balance Score Card Indicators] FINANCE:
Revenue, Costs, % Deviation from Budget CUSTOMER:
Customer Satisfaction, Attrition PROCESS EXCELLENCE & LEARNING AND GROWTH:
Turnaround time, Training, Performance Development Plans, Performance Improvement Plans RISK, GOVERNANCE & CONTROL:
Zero regulatory breaches, pass audits with no major issue. Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a Master’s Degree plus a relevant professional qualification and a minimum of 5 years direct experience in trade sales and service. SPECIFIC SKILLS
• Excellent knowledge understanding of international trade products, supply chain and commodity finance products, processes and trade sales methodology.
• Exceptional knowledge in customer service, sales and marketing that delivers results from set work plans as well as using internal delivery processes and standards to produce quality work outputs.
• Excellent knowledge in banking operations and systems, corporate and other banking products, international trade practices, processes and regulations as well as the Bank’s internal policies, procedures and processes.
• Excellent understanding of oil and non-oil commodity trading structures and mechanisms.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyse complex trade and supply chain finance situations and requirements and arrive at balanced conclusions.
• Excellent trade advisory skills and ability to package complex and simple trade solutions.
• Excellent communication skills, i.e. writing, presenting and listening skills.
• Strong leadership and decision making skills.
• Ability to handle pressure, manage change effectively and work in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills including motivation and developing others.
• Proficient computing skills (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) CORPORATE/BUSINESS AWARENESS
• A good knowledge of the workings of multiple units that enables jobholder to plan and organise own time and associated employees to ensure achievement of departmental and corporate objectives.
• A sound commercial knowledge of the business environment, and understanding of financial and technical issues affecting various Corporate Banking Clients.
• Awareness of the statutory legislations, banking compliance standards, credit risk management, the Bank’s internal processes and their impact on originating and managing corporate clients. SOCIAL COMPETENCE
• Jobholder is expected to build sustaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through a combination of effective interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills in order to achieve trade sales and departmental goals.
• Excellent pioneering and originating skills, particularly ability to persistently influence and pro-actively packate trade and balanced solutions to both internal and external customers in a dynamic and evolving management and business culture.
• Result-oriented and focused in performance of duties irrespective of challenges encountered notably in a change management and rapidly evovling organisational culture.
• Excellent networking skills.
• Proven ability to analyse and solve complex problems.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, manage and develop others using persuasive arguments.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Strong organisational and administrative skills. SCOPE OF THINKING
• The jobholder requires the ability to conceptualise alternative methods of problem solving by analysing and evaluating various situations and selecting solutions based on his awareness of rules, standards, methods and precedence.
• Ability to weigh issues quickly and take initiative based on given range of options within limits of authority.
• Apply solutions relevant to the scope and magnitude of problems. DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
• Ability to spend prolonged time occasionally to solve problems as a result of unpredictable events, work patterns, interruptions and meeting goal lines.
• Role requires ability to assemble relevant data on trade sales and subject same to in-depth evaluation and risk analysis in order to meet client needs with minimum margin of errors.
• Ability to keep track with latest development in client business, unpredictable events in industry, new developments in global trends in trade and corporate banking in response to client issues. AUTONOMY OF DECISION
• Decision made by the jobholder is steered by precedence and clearly defined policies, procedures or codes of conduct.
• Expected to work within functional areas of authority by regularly providing head of Section with new ideas, improvement of existent systems and processes, products and or services.
• Jobholder is independently accountable for his own actions by use of own initiatives and acting independently within functional area of authority.
• Recognises priorities and weighs up different options to determine potential risks and benefits prior to making recommendations to immediate supervisor. AREA OF INFLUENCE
• Responsible for supporting the training, career development and coaching of Customer Service Officers in the Transactions Banking Unit. IMPACT OF INFLUENCE ON TARGET ACHIEVEMENT
• Ability to take opportunities in achieving set targets and developing skills of Customer Service Officers that contributes to overall achievement of the Transaction Banking Unit’s goals. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should please apply by 29 May 2015 through:
E-mail:- [email protected]
Post - HR Advisory Services KPMG
Marlin House13 Yiyiwa DriveA belenkpe
P.O. Box P 242 Accra Closing Date:
29 May, 2015