Executive / Management
Job Vacancy For Managing Director At PROPCO
PROPCO is being incorporated as a holding company with a mandate to manage real estate portfolio, including existing large residential estates and hospiltality facilities in various locations across the country, bare lands and lands for redevelopment. As part of its immediate plans PROPCO is to estalish two (2) subidiary companies, i.e. the Property Development Company and Golf Estate Company. Other subsidiary companies are also to be created in the medium to long term from its assets which have high commercial potential.
PROPCO is now looking for a seasoned real estate development professional with strong entrepreneurial orientation to appoint as Managing Director to lead the efforts to build the company into a first class property holding business entity.
Reporting to the Board of PROPCO, the Managing Director will have overall responsibility for the efficient management, development and operation of the company's assets and facilities to ensure positive Return on Investment. He/She will be responsible for the day-to-day administration for the company, including coordination, monitoring and control of the subsidiaries and business units.
The Managing Director will also develop and implement strategies and policies to grow and add value to the company, set and monitor business and individual performance targets and develop high performance team and work culture.
The key duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Provide strategic direction and leadership for the development of PROPCO and its subsidiaries into a highly profitable business entity
• Lead and direct the development and implementation of strategic business plan for the company, as well as develop and monitor implementation of policies, standards operating procedures and project management standard in line with international best practice to achieve its objectives
• Formulates business plans and strategies, including sourcing of funds and/or entering into partnership arrangements to implement identified business intiatives, including the establishment and full operationalisation of the subsidiaries
• Serve as overall custodian of all PROPCO assets, including its records
• Provide regular financial and operational performance reports to the Board of PROPCO
• Develop skilled, motivated and high performance team and work culture through effective performance management, training and rewards
Remuneration: Highly competitive compensation package
Qualification Required & Experience
Competencies and Experience:
The preferred candidate will have:
• A minimum of 10 years working experience in a similar senior management position within the real estate development and property management industry, with a track record of delivering estate/property development projects
• In-depth knowledge of the entire development process from finance, acquisitions, investments, marketing, leasing, sales, site selection, construction, partnership and agreements
• Experience working with construction contractors, architects, third party consultants, attorneys, accountants etc. and others in the development of real estate projects
• Ability to raise equity capital and form strong business partnerships
• Transactional and negotiation skills to handle the contracts and liability concerns associated with development projects, estates and facility/hospitality management
• Strong entrepreneurial orientation, intiative, independent minded, strong team player, results-driven and customer focused
• Expertise in financial reporting and analysis on business operations
• Inspirational leader with exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to make sound business discussions
• Ability to lead professional teams coupled with excellent communication skills
• A first university degree, plus a Master of Business Administration in Finance, Economics or equivalent professional qualification in related field
How To Apply For The Job:
Interested applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience may apply, giving detailed Curriculum Vitae (including recent salary history), copies of their certificates, together with testimonials from two referees, both of whom must be professionally connected with their work, and a contact telephone number, to reach the following address:
Advert No. 001
P.O. Box MB 77
Ministries - Accra
Closing Date: 31 January 2013