A fast-growing financial institution is seeking for suitably qualified candidate for the following vacant position:- Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
The Managing Director will report to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for the overall management of the Bank's business and attainment of the vision and mission of the Bank. Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provide visionary leadership and guidance for the Bank in attainment of the vision and mission of the Bank.
• Ensure that the board objectives and corporate strategies of the Bank are implemented successfully.
• Co-ordinate activities of all departments and branches in the Bank
• Responsible for the daily operations of the Bank
• Have an oversight responsibility of all departments of the Bank
• Develop and implement management strategies and plans in line with the long-term goals of the Bank
• Attend Board and Board Sub-Committee meetings
• Ensure implementation of all board and management directives
• Prepare and present reports to the Board, shareholders and other stakeholders
• Act as the Bank's representative internally and externally
• Ensure that the Bank complies with all regulatory and statutory obligations in Ghana
• Perform any other duty assigned by the Board, Shareholders and other stakeholders Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first degree in management, accounting, finance or any related discipline and/or a Professional qualification in Banking, Accounting, Marketing, Finance or any related discipline and a second degree in any relevant discipline
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience in banking with at least 5 years as a member of the top management team of Bank
• The candidate should possess considerable administrative and managerial competence and leadership qualities.
• Knowledge and understanding of Ghanaian banking industry and the sub-region
• Excellent customer relationship management
• Good negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
• Knowledge and understanding of banking products
• Strong credit, treasury and financial management
• Ability to handle simultaneously, multiple tasks and changing priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
• Ability to work with all staff and relate well with other stakeholders. NB
• The successful candidate will first assume duty in an acting capacity and function in that designation until such a time when the Bank secures a no-objection to his/her appointment by the Bank of Ghana
• The candidate is expected to be a level five leader, who is interested in using knowledge to develop banking. The candidate must come with the original thinking and background position that tomorrow's banking is in undercover knowledge and power of study
• We require evidence of the knowledge and adequate understanding of the TMO (Technology, Market and Organization Capabilities). He/She is expected to report to the Board of Directors from time to time.
• The candidate should have adequate understanding of the world economy and the current cost innovation in China which is key to success. The successful candidate will immediately and not later than June 2016 attend the 30 days Advanced Leadership Programme of the University of the University of Oxford. The Bank will secure position for such candidate in the Programme.
• Candidate interview will be 70% focused on the TMO. General Considerations
• Candidates with less than 10 years experience but not below seven years can apply in all categories but must show extra capability and qualification in leadership
• Candidates are generally expected to have a good first degree at least second class lower division. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Candidates should clearly state the position interested in on top of the envolope. Suitably qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and cover letters to:- The Advertiser PMB CT 263 Cantonments - Accra
or send you application by email to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
23 November, 2015