AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Materials Planner. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
This role is responsible for executing all materials planning routines and activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and directly support materials requirement planning and control decisions on the mine. The position will require building strong relations with Operations, Planned Maintenance, Warehousing, Purchasing and Finance as directed by the Materials Planning Superintendent and via scheduled meetings and engagements designed for the section. The role holder will comply with relevant Materials management systems, methods, policies, processes and standards in the Obuasi context and report to the Materials Planning Superintendent in terms of performance targets, standards and KPIs and risks in compliance with AGA CAR materials management, materials engineering and integrated Supply Chain management frameworks. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Implement established processes and procedures, including governance systems for cataloguing of new stock and non-stock items in SAP to maintain quality of SAP Materials Master data.
• Apply the right tools and documentation as designed to drive the work flow between Materials Planning, Purchasing, the Warehouse, Planned Maintenance, Engineering and Operations in achieving quality reviews and materials planning decisions.
• Strictly comply with the governance system to ensure only routine items with validated future demand are catalogued for purchasing.
• Advise end-users on substitute materials, supercedures in specifications, descriptions or part numbers and the creation of new stock codes.
• Personal development plan and training in cataloguing and materials planning processes and best practises in SAP ERP system
• Work with and demonstrate understanding of Materials Planning Models and systems as designed for critical and routine spares and consumables replenishment as reviewed and driven through SAP.
• Collect and interpret data to a high standard of quality assurance and control
• Objective assessments and interpretation of SAP stock replenishment reports and recommendations.
• Monitor and prompt PR-PO cycle times as released by Buyers to meet internal KPI targets
• Conclusions supported with accurate information and analysis
• Identify cost reduction opportunities and make recommendations for inclusion in the budget process
• Adopt collaborative planning initiatives with all departments to obtain correct forecasts in new projects, critical spares and consumable requirements into materials budget and forecasts estimates
• Contribute to Development plans to increase knowledge and understanding of application of materials planning outputs into mining, engineering and metallurgical plant operations to reduce costs of operations.
• Recommend and optimise the approach for conducting continuous improvement projects and research in the materials planning and control process and procedures
• Establish a network of targeted stakeholder relationships to socialises initiatives and enhancements
• Report on the implementation and progress of initiatives and enhancements of the Materials Planning function, to include outputs and benefits obtained.
• Describe the specific problems and constraints to be managed within the Materials Planning function
• Present solutions to specific problems with defined resolution methodologies and resources to deliver improved performance in processes and procedures
• Pre-empt potential crisis in the availability of inventory, process or procedural problems arising within or from the specialist domain through the implementation of Statistical controls (alert system), Specialist practices, systems and procedures and Formalised development plans to improve knowledge and skills within the function
• Demonstrate personal Safety Leadership and help to improve the Culture across the Commercial Department and with own team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
• Work with available resources and expertise as part of the Materials Planning team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
• Rigorously drive implementation of projects in assigned roles and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within team Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of HND
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations management will be an advantage Experience
• At least Three (3) years’ experience working in a supply chain environment.
• A working knowledge of Inventory Planning and control in mining, oil & gas or heavy industrial equipment operations.
• Familiarity with SAP ERP system or equivalent ERP application is a requirement. Technical Competencies
• Understanding Inventory planning and controls forecasting & statistical modeling
• Ability to align inventory planning and control with commodity strategies
• Ability to understand the critical relationships among stock-out risks, service level targets and investments in inventory
• Analytical and Problem-solving abilities
• Presentation skills
• Local Regulations
• Cost management
• Project management
• Risk management
• Change management
• Audit, compliance and governance Other Competencies
• Fostering a team environment – inspiring and motivating others, promoting collaboration and team work, communicating prolifically
• Managing oneself - taking ownership of one’s personal development
• Building effective working relationships - the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship
• Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
• Maximizing performance results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
• Displaying technical and professional expertise, innovating, taking initiative Location:
Obuasi How to Apply For the Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
22 June, 2022