The Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH) Specialist will work closely with project staff, Ghana Health Service (GHS) and other stakeholders to implement Systems for Health activities in MNCH in the Northern Region of Ghana. Specific Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with the Regional Clinical Advisor provide coordination and technical support to project-supported MNCH activities in the Northern Region, ensuring proper follow up on logistics for upcoming and completed activities and serving as the liaison between regional level stakeholders and the MNCH technical staff in Accra.
• In partnership with the GHS, build-capacity of health workers within Systems for Health supported districts in the Northern region to provide quality MNCH services.
• Work closely with the Regional Community Health Planning and Services (CHPS) Advisors to design and implement activities that support uptake of MNCH services at the CHPS and community levels.
• Link with GHS and other project technical staff to develop, integrate and monitor quality improvement approaches and strategies in MNCH.
• Other duties as assigned by the DCOP – Technical and Senior Health Services Advisor Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree in Public Health or related field
• At least 5 years of experience designing and implementing public health programs, preferably in MNCH
• Experience working with USG-funded projects is an added advantage
• Experience implementing MNCH activities in the Northern Region of Ghana is an added advantage
• Ability to travel to district locations up to 50% time Please note:
Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and Cover Letter, addressed to the:- HR & Admin. Officer, USAID Systems for Health Project, PMB CT 134, Accra -Ghana
Or email to:- [email protected]
indicating “MNCH Specialist – Northern Region” in the subject line. Closing Date:
21 September, 2015 Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.