The Medical and Dental Council is the regulatory body responsible for securing in the public interest the highest standards in the practice of Medicine and Dentistry in Ghana.
In order to improve service delivery the Council intends to recruit the above officers for its Secretariat in Accra and Zonal Secretariats to be created in Tamale and Kumasi.
Head (Standards & Regulations Department)
To provide information and advice on enforcement of standards at institutions for training and health care delivery and application of regulations by medical and dental practitioners.
• Be responsible for the effective and efficient management/administration of the Unit
• Provide timely, up-to-date and relevant technical advice on regulations and enforcement issues to the Head of Department, other managers and Zonal Co-ordinators;
• Monitor, inspect and recommend approval of facilities where medical and dental care is provided
• Conduct special investigative inspections;
Salaries and conditions of service as prevail in the public service. Placement on the Salary scale is negotiable and will depend on experience
Qualification Required & Experience
• University Diploma/HND (Administration, Management or Marketing)
• Completion of National Service
• Knowledge and skill in planning execution of projects and submission of reports
• Proven efficiency in administrative procedures
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above requirement should submit six (6) copies each of the following documents arranged and stapled as 6 sets in an A4 size envelope with the position applied for clearly written at the left top corner of the envelope.
• Application letter
• Curriculum Vitae with names and addresses of two (2) referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications should be sent by hand or by courier to reach the address below. Further information is available on the website: www.mdc.org
or by phone: 0302-680184
Medical & Dental Council
Adjacent to Swanzy Arcade (former Kingsway)
06 April 2013
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview