AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Technician - Material Handling.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Mechanical Technician - Material Handling is accountable for executing all tasked maintenance work on underground/Surface conveyor systems (shift -3, regular-3), safely, in accordance with other compliance requirements, operational and standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
• Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Gather information for the Materials Handling Supervisor for reporting performance
• Execute all tasked maintenance work on underground/surface conveyor systems (shift -3, regular-3) ? Identify actions for continuous improvement and that compliant operability to requirements is ensured
• Organise and report information for the Materials Handling Supervisor to allow development of condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
• Execute designated and tasked daily work checks on a routine scheduled basis.
• Report any anomalies to Materials Handling Supervisor for the generation of work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
• Carry out daily pre-start and/or shift handover checks and complete check sheets as required according to the established schedules and also per plant requirements.
• Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
• Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
• Complete shift short interval control sheets as required
• Monitor operating parameters in accordance with standards provided and take corrective action as indicated or required
• Identify, communicate, and escalate potential cost reduction initiatives to the Supervisor
• Propose cost savings projects
• Execute work in a timely manner; escalate real or potential delays to the Supervisor
• Log monitored equipment performance for entry in asset health system and take proactive measures to register and escalate symptoms of potential failure to Materials Handling Supervisor
• Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to Materials Handling Supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary/Technical Education
• Completed mechanical apprenticeship from recognized scheme – example City and Guilds, National Vocation Level
• An experienced mechanical tradesperson with 5+ years’ experience in underground mining (Preferably on Material Handling Systems)
• Inspecting/Operating Certificate of Competency from Mincom will be an added advantage.
• Strong Mechanical Maintenance competencies in underground mining
• Sound project management skills
• Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
• Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
• Knowledge in AGA standards
• Demonstrated understanding of good Engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
• Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
• Consistent with the company values
• Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
• To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
• Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
• Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
• Able to work different kinds of people
• Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
18 November, 2019