AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Technician - Ropes.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Mechanical Technician - Ropes reports to the Mechanical Supervisor – Winders and is accountable for general mechanical maintenance and repair of mine infrastructure and winding machinery, winder ropes statutory inspection, ore transport equipment and materials movement in a safe manner and compliant with LI2182 (Government of Ghana Law).
• Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Promote a culture of safety and practice zero tolerance to non-compliance at all times
• Protect and promote safe environment practices in compliance to the legislation and work environment principles
• Test rigging to ensure safety & reliability
• Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving
• Select gear, such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights, sizes & facilities
• Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls or other equipment
• Tilt, Dip, and Turn suspended loads to manoeuvre over, under or around obstacles
• Install ground rigging for yarding lines
• Align, level, and anchor machinery
• Fabricate, set up & repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists & pulling gear
• Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams & ceilings
• Dismantle & store rigging equipment after use
• Conduct Daily Winders Ropes inspections and Ropes Statutory Maintenance in accordance with AGA Standard.
• Perform 6-Monthly Winder Ropes Recaps and Winder Maintenance per AGA Standard Operating Procedures.
• Carry out House Keeping at the winder houses and supporting shaft Activities when required.
• Report daily on Ropes inspections to the Winder/ Ropes Supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Mechanical Engineering Technician (MET) Part II or equivalent
• Five (5) + years of post-apprenticeship work in a mechanical trade. Winder maintenance will be advantage.
• Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation.
• Wide fabrication experience.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
07 February, 2023