Ghana Cocoa Board
Accra Kumasi and Tafo
Job Vacancy For Medical Doctors At Ghana Cocoa Board (Accra, Kumasi and Tafo)
Job Title: Deputy Medical Manager
Responsible to: Director, Health
Accountable to: Medical
• To provide medical care for patients, take into account physical, emotional and social factors when diagnosing illness and recommending the required treatment.
• To work alongside other healthcare professionals to discuss care options for patients and their families and help patients to take responsibility for their own health.
• Responding to medical and health problems presented by patients including history taking, examinations, investigation, management and referral as appropriate;
• Making notes and paperwork, both as a legal record of a treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals;
• Working with other doctors as part of a team, either in the same department or within other specialties and liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
• Undertaking managerial responsibilities such as planning the workload and staffing of the department;
• Promoting health education in conjunction with other health professionals and organizing preventive medical programmes
Qualification Required & Experience
• One must possess MB ChB or its equivalent as recognized by the Medical and Dental Council,
• Plus five (5) years post qualification experience and
• Must be fully registered with the Ghana Medical and Dental Council.
• Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues
• Health and Safety
Competencies & Skills
• Good communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Time manaqement
• Organizational skills
• Work on own initiative.
• Work as oart of team
Personal Characteristics And Other
• Flexible attitude to work
• Maintaining confidentiality and impartiality
Location: Accra, Kumasi and Tafo
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications and Curriculum Vitae (including photocopies of all relevant certificates) to the following address:
P. O. Box 933
Closing Date: 23 November, 2015