mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities.
Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
m2m Ghana seeks to engage a short-term (3-months) mobile health (mHealth) Assistant (MA) who will be under the supervision of the Strategic Information Officer in the m2m Ghana office. The MA will support specific activities including training at health facility and community level throughout the two districts in which m2m operates with specific focus on technical support of the facility based m2m staff. This will in turn contribute program delivery in the areas of Early Childhood Development (ECD), Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT), and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH).
Key Performance Areas:
• Update m2m’s mHealth application (CommCare) and relevant software on tablets and phones
• Provide ongoing training in mHealth applications to Mentor Mothers
• Oversee and troubleshoot implementation of the m2m electronic client diary
• Ensure proper functioning of all Mentor Mother phones at all times
• Ensure Mentor Mothers are able to capture data correctly following mHealth training
• Conduct ongoing supportive supervision and mentorship to facility and community based staff to build their capacity in mHealth and data capture
• Provide weekly progress updates on supervision of Mentor Mothers to m2m Ghana staff, namely SI Officer and Technical Specialist
• Participation in key M&E activities within m2m
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree/Diploma in any of the following fields: information technology , computer science
• 2 years of relevant experience
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge
• General interest in mobile phone technology and familiarity with Android OS
• Actively participate in the learning experience in the organization
• Willing and able to uphold m2m values; honesty, integrity, passion, dedication and diversity and Team work
• Willingness to learn and ability to multi-task and apply practical problem-solving skills as needed,
• Resilience and desire to persist when faced with challenges and remain calm in handling complex situations,
• Good writing skills and outstanding communication skills
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
15 November, 2019
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.