AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mine Captain - Operations. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• To provide full coverage monitoring in order to support mining contractor operations in accordance with the ramp-up strategy. To develop and manage safe implementation of strategies, standards and procedures to carry out all underground support and service works in line with the Obuasi mine’s redevelopment agenda.
• Supervise the underground compliance to Ghana’s legal requirements, cooperate standards and industry best practice by a major mining contractor. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture within the team and with peers regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development
• Proactively work to support main mining contractor and to supervise contractor operations to meet monthly targets within our operational standards
• Establish the necessary Mine Development QA, QC, Risk Management and Contractor engagement processes and procedures for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, and being operationally ready
• Ensure that all underground operational works are carried out in a safe and conducive manner
• Develop, manage and implement smart schedules to meet timelines and to productively engage stakeholders for alignment and risk mitigation.
• Ensure Bulkhead construction, Fan walls, Steel sets, and Fan installations are constructed in accordance with standards
• Develop safe mining strategies, and procedures to offer specify conditions on all tasks for safe skipping operations, transportation of men and materials with the shaft and its environs and all stipulated schedules for men and material movement.
• Ensure that all shaft banks, shaft stations and surface yards are properly house kept and legally compliant
• Implement strategies of reducing cost by offering a prudent material usage, Develop and submit the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Mine Development Outputs. Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma / B.Sc. degree in Mining Engineering Experience
• 10 years post-graduation experience in underground infrastructural installation and construction, shaft management, Tramming and skipping operations Legal Requirement
• Mine Captain’s Certificate of Competency or equivalent, as required by the Minerals Commission (Chief Inspector of Mines) Technical Competencies
• Safety (Basic Application)
• Understands key elements constituting site safety system.
• Can lead team-based risk assessments and conduct behavioural based observations.
• Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
• Can actively take part in reviewing of safety system elements such as practices / procedures
• Mining construction works processes & practices
• Understands mining Construction works processes and actively contributes in part to delivery of the expected outcome / service the mining processes delivery.
• Has demonstrated the ability to apply technical skills and/or delivery of a service within Construction works
• Can identify potential problems and propose solutions for higher approval.
• Directly responsible for delivering a production aspect of the Construction works plan.
• Understands good Construction works practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance
• Contract management (basic application)
• Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
• Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
• Can propose, draft, and analyse potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager
• Project Management (basic application)
• Understands AGA project management standards and has applied them in a minor project
• Ability to lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers Other Competencies
• Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
• Managing oneself - taking ownership of one’s personal development.
• Building effective working relationships - the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
• Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
• Maximising performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
28 April, 2022