AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mine Captain - Production. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Mine Captain – Production role is a regulatory mandated role that leads the Quality Assurance and Control and Risk Management function for all underground mining ore extraction activities from underground mine blocks ready as planned and to the required standards. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Establish the necessary Mine Production QA, QC, Risk Management and Contractor engagement processes and procedures for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, and being operationally ready.
• Develop and communicate a rolling (4-3-2-1) quarterly plan for the budgeted year identifying Mine Production priorities, milestones and events
• Develop and submit the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Mine Production Outputs
• Deliver the work of the Mining Production function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
• Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture within the team and with peers regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development
• Environmental management that is integrated into the Mining Production plan and implementation
• Provide the systems, resources and expertise to develop the Mine Production team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget and quarterly plans according to their role and level of authority
• Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Mining department
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Stakeholders to collaboratively and effectively deliver the Mine plan Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. / Diploma degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent operational experience
• Six to eight years' operational experience in underground development and open stope mining Legal Requirement
• Mine Captain’s Certificate of Competency or equivalent, as required by the Minerals Commission (Chief Inspector of Mines). Technical Competencies
• Broad range of leadership, managerial and technical skills relevant to underground mining
• Demonstrate detailed knowledge in the mining operations value chain
• Demonstrated capacity to interpret data and successfully action sound tactical decisions
• Commercial acumen relevant to the role
• Familiarity with Mining Software
• Safety (Advanced Application): Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
• Mining Production Processes & Practices (Advanced Application):
• Understands key underground mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimizing performance.
• Knows when to engage Specialists support.
• Understanding of good underground production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
• Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data, and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
• Demonstrated ability of delivering to production and cost targets.
• Planning (Advanced Application): • Understanding of good mine planning processes and the ability to drive the establishment of required planning systems and approaches.
• Contract Management (Advanced Application)
• Management of a mining contractor and more generally contractor management in an UG setting
• Strong knowledge in contract management practices and demonstrated ability in managing operational mining contracts Leadership Competencies
• Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically
• Managing oneself - Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
• Building Effective Working Relationships - The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
• Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
• Maximizing Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analyzing Issues, Driving for Results,
• Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating, Taking Initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch Goals Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
17 September, 2021