Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, a subsidiary of Golden Star Resources (GSIR), with head office in Denver, USA, is a gold mining company situated at Akyempim in the Mpohor Wassa East District of the Western Region.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Services, the successful candidate shall be responsible for providing leadership to the Geology team and ensure technical support to mining operations to deliver sustainable operational improvements. Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that grade Control processes are effectively applied to mining operations
• Defining the existing mineral resources, sufficient to enable effective mining strategy and operating decisions
• Proactive identification of areas for improvement in grade control
• Ensuring that all geological data is appropriately collected, safely stored and easily retrievable
• Ensure effective managements of assigned projects
• Supervise, mentor and sustain a capable team
• Maintain a good understanding of daily operational issues
• Maintain strong commitment to safety and Risk Management processes.
• Preparation of Management/monthly reports
• Ensure proper Drill hole Planning, Data Validation, QAQC and Sampling/Assay Protocol
• Enforcing adherence to all statutory and company policies and provisions relating to mining operations. Remuneration:
This is a Management position and goes with very competitive salary package and other fringe benefits Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree or diploma in Mine Geology or Geological Engineering from a recognized institution.
• At least s years working experience in an Open Cut Mining environment with an understanding of technical and operating processes.
• Excellent Knowledge in Geostatistics, Resource/Reserve Estimation and Reconciliation.
• Fluency in Geological Modeling and Grade Control M)ftware
• Proficiency in cost management and productivity enhancement.
• Should be conversant with heavy equipment earth moving applications
• Should be computer literate.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Should be a team player and have the ability to work under intense pressure
• Should be determined to undertake challenges to extend capabilities.
• A valid Ghanaian motor vehicle driving license
• Underground experience would be considered an asset. Location:
Wassa Akyempim How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons shall forward all relevant documents and information to: [email protected]
or the addresses below: THE HR & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
P. M. B.
TARKWA Closing Date:
29 May, 2015