Newmont Ghana Gold Limited is one of five core operating regions of Newmont Mining Corporation (www.newmont.com
), one of the largest gold companies in the world. Newmont operates the Ahafo Mine in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Project in the Eastern Region.
The company has approximately 46,000 employees and contractors worldwide, and employs over 6,500 employees and contractors in Ghana. Ahafo Mine:
The Ahafo mine has made significant sustainable development projects to its host Ahafo communities. This includes the establishment of the Ahafo Development Fund (NADeF) where the company contributes US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit from the mining operation into the fund.
In 2010, the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GBC) voted Newmont Ghana as a leading company in the fight against HIV/AIDS and Malaria prevention. One of the company’s initiatives - The Ahafo Linkages Program, designed to maximize procurement from local Ahafo businesses, also won the most awards at the 2010 Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply UK (CIPS) Procurement Awards. Akyem Project:
The Akyem Project is one of Newmont’s new core areas in Ghana. It is currently in the construction stage and is expected to commence production in late 2013 or early 2014.
Newmont was the first gold mining company to be listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) and has for the fifth year running remained on the DJSI. Newmont was recently ranked 42nd in the 100 Best Corporate Citizens List by the Corporate Responsibility (CR) Magazine, and remains the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index.
Newmont Ghana’s industry leading performance is reflected through its high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our employees, and creating value and opportunity for our host communities and shareholders.
We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This combined with our growth opportunities and extended mine life makes Newmont a great company to work with. Job Summary PURPOSE
Provide safe, environmentally compliant, cost effective, high quality Preventive Maintenance support for all of Akyem Blast hole Drill equipment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
• Comply with the Mine Regulation Act and Regulations clauses that apply to the working area,
• Ensure statutory requirements are met,
• Attend monthly safety inspection and meetings,
• Assist or liaise in communicating maintenance mission, vision, goals and objective to maintenance workforce
• Work with maintenance supervisors to achieve mining equipment efficiency and availability
• Work with mining operations on the best practices to get task done without affecting production
• Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions
• Assist in conducting failure analysis studies and recommend alternative strategies for maintenance
• Assist in the development and review of the maintenance standard task procedures (STP’s)
• Understand the objectives of the maintenance personnel and refer any disagreement to Maintenance Senior Supervisor. Accountable for:
• Completion of all tasks identified in the MOS Elements to the specified quality and timeliness as assigned to this role.
• Responsible for the MOS elements MN09 Capture Job Feedback , MN10 Identify Work, MN11 Assign Work, MN12 Execute Work, MN13 Supervise Work, MN17 Job Analysis & Finalization, MN20 Manage Equipment Data, MN31 Equipment Status Change, MN34 Shift Handover & Line Out Planning, GEN01 Invoke Short Interval Control, which entails:
• Ensuring compliance with SAP business processes
• Responsibility for taking action on identified improvement opportunities to work packages.
• Communicating to all stakeholders.
• Inducting new team members in their respective requirements.
• Chairing/Facilitating routine meetings.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. WORKING CONDITIONS
Position is located in a remote location
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Physical Demands:
• While performing duties of the job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climbing. Work Environment:
• Exposure to: usually moderate noise level, hazardous materials e.g. hydrocarbon products, climbing, working at height, aerosols, dust, pinch points, vibration, slippery surfaces, etc.
• Work require you were mandatory PPE such as Helmet, Goggles, High visible cloth, safety harness, ear plug and dust mask. Qualification Required & Experience
• Senior secondary school graduation;
• 3 years of maintenance operations experience at the Supervisor level;
• 8 years total maintenance operations experience at the journeyman or higher level;
• Experience with the use of ERP equipment maintenance functionality;
• Front-line oil sampling experience;
• Front-line condition monitoring experience in a maintenance program context;
• Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge and skills to a developing workforce;
• Continuous improvement and quality monitoring experience at the front line crew level. Desirable Skills, Knowledge, Training And Experience:
• Polytechnic degree in engineering or other technical discipline;
• Direct experience providing PM services to a blast hole drill and/or hydraulic shovel fleet (e.g. Drilltech, Atlas Copco, Ingersoll Rand or similar, preferred);;
• Business Management course work, training and/or experience;
• Condition Monitoring training and/or significant experience;
• QA/QC monitoring experience. Location:
Akyem How To Apply For The Job
We encourage all candidates to apply online by visiting our website at: www.Newmont.com/Join-Our-Team
• Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• This position is Job #130437 Closing Date:
07 March 2013