AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as MINE PLANNING ENGINEER
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
Purpose of the Mine Planning Engineer role is to give confidence in the Mining Plan by reviewing and interrogating existing data from the Quarterly process and produce realistic designs that enable plans and schedules to be produced at the required standard for short-term planning and production systems.
• Establish the necessary Mine Planning processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
• Define mine planning activities and schedules for tracking of mining Ops Readiness tasks
• Generate a 9-month mine schedule with respect to geotechnically re-sequenced stopes to include diamond drilling activities
• Develop the mine planning MOS to integrate the general MTS workflow
• Consolidate and generate ‘a one source of truth’ reporting system
• Design mine instruction templates (layouts) and approval process
• Provide unequivocal mine planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
• Prepare production engineering data aligned to defined quality assurance expectations
• Timely assessments of Production Engineering processes data
• Conclusions with accurate information and analysis
• Work programme risk assessments conducted prior to implementation
• Develop the annual Mine Planning cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving quarterly and annual business plans
• Annual cost centre Budget
• Report on costs controls and any deviations or constraints which may impact on planned outcomes
• Deliver the work of the Mine Planning function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
• Implement approved work programmes and reports on the attainment of plan
• Applied controls to manage identified risks.
• Applied techniques, tools and skills for target development.
• Workplace monitoring and compliance with work standards of field personnel and contractors
• Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within Mine Planning team
• Quarterly Reports which identify areas where Production Engineering may contribute an increase in enhanced methods which will bring improved efficiencies
• Optimise procedures within existing functional processes through the application of problem identification and resolution methodologies
• Conduct trend analyses on functional performance to identify and recommend ways of optimising resources for work cycle execution and pre-empting potential process and procedure variance through the establishment of
• Statistical controls (alert system),
• Improved work practices, procedures and processes
• Improved team knowledge and skills
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent;
• A minimum 3 years of relevant mine planning experience in underground mining environment
• Experience in Mine Planning functional Management;
• Demonstrate knowledge in the mining operations value chain
• Commercial acumen relevant to the role
• Safety (basic Application): Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues;
• MTS Processes & Practices
• Understands key underground mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimising performance.
• Knows when to engage Specialists support.
• Understanding of good mine planning practices,
• Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and suggest improvements
• Basic understand of mining planning software
• Produce and update schedules using Enhanced Production Scheduler (EPS).
• Produce the 3 month rolling updates to the medium and long-term planning process,
• Identify, assess and manage risks in order to improve reliability, quality and confidence of operational performance of the Medium-Term Planning process.
• Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically
• Managing oneself - Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
• Building Effective Working Relationships - The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
• Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
• Creating Organisational Transformation - Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organisational objectives;
• Maximising Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analysing Issues, Driving for Results,
• Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating, Taking Initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch Goals.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
27 May, 2020