Compassion International Ghana, an International Christian child development organisation. Job Summary
Compassion International, an International Evangelical Development Organisation, seeks a Ministry Services Manager (Finance and Administration Manager) for its Ghana Office The Role
• As an upper level management position in the field office reporting to the Country Director, the Ministry Services Manager provides oversight of all support operations, including accounting, business services, information technology and human resources. Ensures that the field office meets all legal requirements.
• Being a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Supports the ministry by acting as an advocate for children
• Oversees operational systems and processes that enable the Country Management Team to use resources productively, safely and with great integrity.
• Ensures timely payment of all grants, accounts payable and payroll. Ensures timely recording of all field office financial transactions and submits timely reports to the Global Ministry Center and the local government as required. Equips the management team with the information and knowledge to manage their budgets
• Manages and ensures all office information systems are reliable, effective and utilized in accordance with Compassion’s standards. Seeks to optimize processes through the application of business process management.
• Works toward optimal utilization of office space and compliance with Compassion global facility standards. Ensures safe, secure, healthy and clean facility. Manages field office vehicle fleet. Provides logistical support for office events. Oversees all purchasing activities and vendor relationships
• Ensures that all legal and financial regulatory requirements meet standards of Compassion and local governing authorities - these include Compassion’s registration, legal status, insurance and reporting in Ghana.
• Ensures compliance with all local, professional and Compassion accounting, internal control processes and standards.
• Participates on the Country Management Team and contributes to the strategic management of the field office alongside other department managers.
• Facilitates the business planning and budgeting process.
• Ensures that information needs are met for management decision-making. Provides reports and external economic analysis for field office leadership.
• Leads and manages the Ministry Services Department. Oversees the development and fulfillment of employees’ work and development plans. Provides regular feedback and conducts performance reviews within the department. Builds a culture of service to peers and inculcates a commitment to integrity. Promotes continuous process improvement through the application of the Business Process Management discipline Qualification Required & Experience
• Mature Christian person with strong evangelical Christian values; has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is above reproach in integrity and honesty.
• MBA in Finance or related field and at least 5 years of management experience. Business planning experience preferred. ACCA or CA qualified would be an advantage.
• Experience leading diverse teams of functional specialists. Working knowledge of the human resource, accounting, business services and information technology fields. Demonstrable ability to manage knowledge workers
• Broad operational thinker, including systems orientation and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Sound business judgment and decision-making ability. Able to think strategically across multiple business disciplines.
• Proven expertise in the usage of personal computers for administration and financial management - must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office especially Excel
• Occasional travel both inside and outside of the country. Exposure to safety and disease hazards relevant to the local office. Working with foreigners and Compassion's sponsors / donors. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter and references to: [email protected] Closing Date:
10 July, 2015