• The Mobile Financial Services Architect (MFS Architect) will have complete ownership of the relationship between the Technology Team and their dedicated portfolio of customers in the local operation. (S)He will be directly accountable individually for the entire life cycle of the multiple solutions under his/her responsibility, guaranteeing accuracy, quality and time line accomplishment. The ultimate goal of this role will be to gain a complete understanding of clients' needs and effectively communicate them to the software factories. Key Responsibilities
• Planning, designing and implementing of solutions and other IT platforms, meeting standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection for information systems in consultation with the regional architects and Development Manager;
• Delivering End-to-End Solutions for the local organisation in consultation with the Regional Architects to create winning proposals and successfully delivering within budget;
• Defining time, costs and quality constraints and guiding software factories and/or suppliers to ensure integrity of the solution within these constraints.
• Complying with SOA architecture standards, continuously identifying areas of improvement in our Solutions Framework and taking initiatives to new approaches to optimize our existing processes;
• Ensuring all development practices are in compliance with employer's best practices policies and procedures in the respective operation;
• Tracking and maintaining all records and metrics and reporting project's progress to the Development Manager;
• Identifying the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification;
• Recording Development Team software architecture specific to the local operation in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• Business Tracking and Reporting – Track all developments on the company’s platform in a proper project plan/roadmap. Submit weekly/monthly updated tracking on all developments that are ongoing to the management in an agreed format. Share tracking with local, regional and global stakeholders.
• Technical Interface - Interact with various teams to gain market insights for new developments on the platform. Prepare User Requirement Specifications for new developments, review and comment and approve the design prepared by the vendor on the platform. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field (System Engineer, IS Engineer, Information Systems Engineer, IT Engineer, Network Systems Engineer). A Post graduate and/or course in Software Architecture will be an added advantage;
• Minimum of four (4) years experience working in Information Technology, (Telecommunication industry preferably) with at least three (3) years of UML experience;
• Understanding of project management principles and proven experience in management projects.
• Preferably, a minimum of five (5) years experience in Software development and SOA Architecture in the Telecommunication industry;
• Good experience in Business Processes for Telecommunication company’s (eTOM Model preferably)
• Strong technical understanding of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), internet-related applications and technologies (JAVA/ .Net, Application servers, databases, Operating Systems, Content Management, networks).
• Knowledge in developing and maintaining ITIL policies and procedures
• Exceptional service and results orientation.
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
15 December, 2015 When you join Tigo, you join a team where your skills, ideas and technical know-how can do more than contribute to the bottom-line. You'll be exposed to enormous experience, great network and a workforce full of talents with youthful exuberance. At Tigo we are all salesmen and we are responsible for our own development. We consider each vacancy as a development opportunity for Tigo Employees and we develop both the business and people together.