Mobile School Report Card (mSRC) Management Support Specialist Type of contract:
11.5 months Duty Station:
Accra Job Level:
Senior Consultant Job Purpose:
• To provide technical assistance to Ghana Education Service in support of the mobile School
• Report Card (mSRC) ensuring effective management and quality assurance of the pilot and scale-up. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review the lessons learned from the mSRC pilot in three districts and review the draft SOP, identify key gaps and inefficiencies in the existing draft SOP and suggest revisions, as needed.
• Ensure that GES regional, district, circuit and school level staff have the required equipment and connectivity to access the mSRC platform and enter/retrieve data according to their user roles.
• Provide hands-on guidance to regional and district level GES staff to ensure they are familiar with their roles and responsibilities under the mSRC SOP and can provide effective operational support according to the support roles assigned to them (i.e. regional staff provide effective support to district staff; district staff effectively support circuit and school level staff).
• Consolidate technical feedback from all user levels and liaise with the mSRC technical development team to ensure regular trouble-shooting, fixing of system bugs, and to plan for future feature enhancements, as needed.
• Provide advice to GES and development partners on technical decisions for improved mSRC implementation and delivery from an operational perspective (e.g. identifying inefficiencies in the operational processes or reporting lines and how to address them).
• Provide technical inputs in GES meetings and the technical working groups, especially related to data and evidence. When necessary, the Consultant will be asked to join and contribute to the relevant technical working groups.
• Assist in the preparation of mSRC annual work plans and reports, where necessary.
• Track the quality and scope of major deliverables on mSRC to external stakeholders, such as development partner reports or presentations, and ensure the quality, reach and value for money of key deliverables are monitored and evaluated.
• Maintain systems to articulate and monitor the mSRC workflow in terms of performance, quality and impact. For example, use the mSRC dashboard to track data submissions and follow up where districts or regions are following behind on set targets.
• Ensure that all processes and activities are well documented so that lessons learnt are fed back into appropriate fora to improve the selection, design and delivery of activities and the overall direction of the mSRC programme.
• Work on special assignments requiring the Consultant's technical expertise that may arise during the period.
• Train and transfer skills and knowledge to the GES core team on the enhancements and implementation of the SOP for the successful running and scale-up of the entire mSRC operation. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Education, ICT, or other relevant subject
• 5+ years of experience in the education and/or monitoring / ICT fields at different levels
• Solid understanding of mobile technology and applications for development (esp. Android and web applications)
• Familiarity with education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa and previous work experience with UNICEF, an advantage.
• Experience in institutional and organisational development
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in development of education assessment instruments/too Is
• Knowledge of the Ghana education sector would be an asset Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
The above is a short description of the consultancy. A detailed TOR is available upon request from UNICEF. Interested candidates should submit a copy of their CV and P 11 (available at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc
) form, technical and financial proposal with indicated fees for the services to be provided.
The fee should be expressed on the daily rate on the basis of deliverables. Applications should be mailed to [email protected]
indicating the title of the consultancy in the subject line. Closing Date:
10 July, 2015
• Applications submitted without the P 11 form will not be considered
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NOTE: UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT!!!