IFDC (www.ifdc.org) is an International Public Non-Profit Organization striving to improve the livelihood of people in developing countries throughout the world. Its mission is to facilitate the sustainable improvement of agricultural productivity through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound plant nutrient technology and agricultural marketing.
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
• Type of contract:
One-year term contract, renewable based on staff performance and availability of funding
• Indicative starting date:
November 20, 2015
• Closing date of application:
October 19, 2015.
The West Africa Fertilizer Program (WAFP) is a five year project (June 2012 to May 2017) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
IFDC is seeking an M&E Assistant to assist the project Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in M&E-related matters.
• The M&E Assistant will play a critical role in designing/managing project M&E data base, assuring indicator data quality, compiling indicator data for reporting purpose, assisting in the design and implementation of impact surveys including training of project team and implementing partners in the requirements of the project performance monitoring plan (PMP).
• He/she will maintain regular communication with the project team and implementing partners as far as M&E related matters are concerned.
Specific job responsibilities
The M&E Assistant will be responsible for WAFP M&E data base management and indicator data quality insurance. He/she will assist WAFP DCOP in all M&E-related matters.
Major duties include:
• Contribute to the improvement of project comprehensive M&E DB
• Assist the DCOP in the revision of project PMP
• Assist the DCOP in the development of performance monitoring and impact tools and methodologies
• Manage/update project comprehensive M&E data base on a regular basis
• Assist the DCOP in ensuring that all activities are carried out and that all deadlines and targets are met
• Represent the DCOP at M&E-related meetings in the project intervention area
• Work in close collaboration with project partners and implementing partners to ensure full implementation of all related field activities in the project intervention area
• Follow up on project technical reports/data to be submitted by WAFP team and implementing partners
• Evaluate technical reports/data submitted by WAFP team and implementing partners with regards to the project indicator targets
• Assist the DCOP in compiling quarterly and annual submissions to USAID West Africa Mission
• Participate in project internal and external evaluation including DQA by USAID West Africa Mission
• Compile and update as necessary key information/data concerning fertilizer stakeholders in the sub-region.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: A Bachelor or Master degree in Statistics, Agronomy, Economy or related disciplines
• At least five years proven experience in M&E practice, preferably on USAID-funded project/program in the areas of fertilizer, agriculture, food security, economic development
• Work experience in West Africa (Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo, etc.) preferred
• Work experience in one of the following (preferred): environmental compliance and gender outreach
• Fluency speaking and writing in English and French is critical
• Competence in the use of MS package, strong proficiency in Excel and Access required
• Able to complete work with less or no supervision and detail-oriented
• Demonstrated ethics, integrity and sound judgment;
• Good organizational skills with ability to work with different nationals and cultural backgrounds and with tight deadlines
• Able to travel to other countries as assigned by the supervisor.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send the listed documents below via e-mail to:-
and to:- [email protected]
In the subject line please write: WAFP M&E Assistant. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis to select a successful candidate. When applying, please indicate in the “Subject” of the e-mail the title WAFP M&E Assistant.
Applications should include:
• A letter of motivation (maximum one page)
• An updated CV, including three references
• A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position
19 October, 2015
Original documents are to be presented once the candidate is selected. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IFDC is an equal opportunity employer.