Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy, Based in Washington, D.C, ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
• The multi-year Ghana Poultry Program (GPP) has been awarded to ACDI/VOCA by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) with a goal to increase the competitiveness of domestic production and processing of poultry meat and eggs.
• This increase is expected to expand end-market "pull" opportunities for maize and soya production, supporting USAID Feed the Future objectives to raise income and employment for smallholder producers.
• GPP's strategy is focused on catalyzing efficiencies at key stages of the poultry value chain in order to reduce Ghana's dependence on imported poultry meat (currently estimated at over 90 percent of poultry meat consumption); improve profitability of egg production; expand national and regional trade; and sustainably and equitably increase incomes of male and female producers in poultry, grains, and related value chains.
• GPP will adopt a market facilitation approach to drive systemic change in targeted poultry sector commodity value chains by focusing resources on fixing the underlying structural elements and capacity limitations that inhibit sector growth.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager manages a team that monitors and evaluates the program. As the successful candidate, you are responsible for the collection, input, analysis, and dissemination of accurate data in order to monitor and evaluate the Impact of the project's activities on its beneficiaries.
• You will guide the technical direction of the M&E approach and strategy and be responsible for all communication and reporting needs for the program.
• You will demonstrate strong advocacy, policy development, program monitoring and evaluation skills, and abilities in data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting using computer- based statistical packages and databases. You will have a thorough knowledge of statistics and research methodology, including quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, and techniques, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, strong negotiation, diplomacy, and team work skills. You are comfortable in developing and presenting effective short- and long-term training programs,
• You are able to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, can organize your work to meet deadline pressures, and are able to travel within the country approximately 10% of the time for periods of one to two weeks each.
Qualification Required & Experience
• You possess an advanced degree in economics, statistics, social sciences, international development, sociology, or related field.
• You have a minimum of ten years of related experience including a minimum of five years of senior M&E management and reporting experience in international development.
• This experience has included successful report and procurement writing, process planning, project evaluations, change management, and design and facilitation of short- and long-term training programs.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates, please submit a resume/CV to:
09 October, 2015
• Please include the title of the job for which your are applying in the subject line
• No phone calls please.
• Only those eligible for an interview will be contacted
• Women and minorities encouraged to apply