Christian Aid is an international non-governmental organisation that works with partners to end poverty. At the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty and empowering them to have a brighter future.
Christian Aid in Ghana is working for transformational change that significantly improves the lives of poor and marginalised men and women and brings about a fair and just society. We work with different local partners and support them with varying resources to enable them deliver on programmes that enable active citizenship and social mobilisation, economic empowerment and participation in policy making and monitoring in Ghana. We deliver our programmes through three key strategic objectives namely:
• Strengthened democratic governance: Citizens are empowered to participate effectively in decision making and demand accountability from increasingly responsive duty bearers
• Market Access for the poor: Poor farmers are empowered and can access the services, assets and markets they need for a resilient livelihood
• Equal development for all: Issues of women and other marginalised groups are effectively integrated into governance and economic policies Job Summary
• This role requires significant analytical ability to synthesize individual partner reports and information into overall programme reports, progress assessments and engaging communications and learning materials, dealing with issues requiring detailed information gathering and analysis, assessment of benefits and risks of different courses of action and ability to identify key drivers or constraints affecting partners, ensuring that programme interventions are effectively monitored; creating conditions that will feed learning into programmes, decision-making, financial and administrative systems and processes being improved and linked to M&E to ensure that effective sharing and learning is achieved.
• The role will also lead to development of an organizational M&E framework appropriate to the Ghanaian entity leading on donor and internal reporting which involves working closely with grantees or partners on daily bases. Qualification Required & Experience
• The successful candidate must have significant and specialized knowledge and experience in Monitoring and evaluation, including the ability to analyze research and evaluate findings as well as other information for donor reports and the benefit of governments and practitioners.
• You are required to have experience in measuring the impact of ‘hard to measure’ interventions such as advocacy and accountability programmes. You are required to have at least a degree level, preferably a master’s degree in a relevant field.
• You will need to demonstrate the ability to build team spirit, have excellent communication skills and work to tight deadlines while undertaking multiple priorities.
• You will also have excellent planning and organizational skills using logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to report on information or analyses options.
• Make timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, be sensitive to adapting your style and approach to fit and address difficult issues when they arise by being honest and open. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you have any queries regarding this advert, Please contact [email protected]
. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this post, please visit www.christianaid.org.uk/jobs
to apply online and upload your CV. Closing Date:
20 July, 2015