CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects. Our Mission
To serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world Our Vision
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. Job Summary
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to support an anticipated five-year USAID-funded program to accelerate governance improvement and manage conflict in support of enhanced agricultural development in Ghana’s Northern, Upper East, and Upper West regions. It is expected to be a cooperative agreement of about $12 million USD to be awarded by November 2015. The position will be based in Tamale. Key Responsibilities
• Carry out the day-today tracking and reporting on activities under the Cooperative Agreement
• Develop the overall framework for the project’s M&E systems, in collaboration with USAID and senior project staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys. Develop and monitor the project’s PMP to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and the project leadership team.
• Ensure the alignment of research and M&E activities with program goals and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
• Monitor project activities and tracking these activities against the results framework.
• Conduct field visits for data validation, to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets. Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data. Capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up best practices.
• Generate monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donor, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting. Supervise, mentor, and build capacity of project M&E staff
• Develop and implement effective monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
• Support the Chief of Party in coordinating the mid-term and final project evaluations. Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (development studies, public health, demography, statistics, etc.) or a Bachelor’s degree and five additional years of relevant work experience
• At least Five or more years of experience in monitoring and evaluating of donor-funded good governance projects, with substantial experience gained from working on the development and implementation of civil society-led accountability programs
• Demonstrated practical skills in M&E of donor-funded development programs. Previous experience supporting agriculture or land management projects is highly desired.
• Strong knowledge of M&E methodology data analysis and synthesis, performance evaluation and correction, and report writing.
• Demonstrated capacity to use project M&E to advance strategic goals and provide data for decision-making.
• Knowledge of statistical software (such as SPSS, STATA, and SAS). Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (or similar tools) is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of USAID data collection and reporting requirements.
• Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral fluency in English.
• Ability to travel throughout project areas, as needed. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:- [email protected] PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR. Closing Date:
07 October, 2015 OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY