GHAMFIN is a Network of Microfinance Apex Associations and their member Microfinance Institutions with the objects to:
• Build capacity of members to effectively provide services in the market;
• Ensure the understanding of and adherence to consumer protection principles and practice;
• Promote standards in financial and social reporting among members;
• Become a clearing house for data and information on the market;
• Provide monitoring and benchmarking studies;
• Establish GHAMFIN as the advocate for the microfinance industry. Roles And Responsibilities:
• Assist in the management, implementation, and update of the Business Plan's M&E Framework in collaboration with the Executive Director and Finance Officer.
• Assist in setting up and managing the GHAMFIN's Management Information System (MIS), including all related activities such as data collection, data entry, data analysis, and reporting.
• Assist in the management of M&E data collection, which includes but is not limited to designing surveys, implementing data quality protocols, auditing data collection by GHAMFIN contractors, managing data entry, and monitoring sample validity.
• Serve as a liaison to Implementing Entities to gather information for GHAMFIN.
• Regularly review M&E data with appropriate decision makers to ensure that projects are reaching their targets and objectives and, if necessary, that timely corrective actions are implemented.
• Participate in the monitoring of the Project components through site visits, review of Project reports and review of secondary data. Participate in the planning and execution of annual project reviews.
• Assist in disseminating relevant information to Apex Associations, Ministries, and Universities, civil society, the private sector and the donor community (all stakeholders).
• Assist in the preparation and publication of periodic reports including, but not limited to, monitoring and evaluation reports, budgets, implementation reports from project managers and implementing entities, procurement reports, and others as defined in the implementation procedures.
• Develop terms of reference for procurement of surveys and other studies related to the M&E process.
• Provide inputs to organize training in M&E for Apex Association and implementing entity staff, local organizations and primary stakeholders with view of developing Apex Associations' M&E capacity.
• Lead in the design and implementation of comprehensive information and communication needs assessment, identifying gaps and defining opportunities for intervention.
• Lead in the design and implementation of an ongoing research and M&E strategy, ensure it is implemented effectively by Network members and partners, and develop a plan for providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders in order for them to adjust strategy during implementation phase
• Perform all other duties and exercise all other powers as are assigned by the Executive Director. Qualification Required & Experience
• A university degree in Economics, Statistics or a related field.
• Approximately five (5) or more years of progressively responsible experience managing data collection or conducting analysis of projects.
• Excellent organizational skills related to data and document management.
• Ability to work in teams, with multiple stakeholders under competing time pressures.
• An understanding of economic development in Ghana.
• Experienced user of statistical software (such as STATA or SPSS), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in managing small-to-medium sized enterprise surveys in Ghana (strongly preferred).
• Experience managing surveys with electronic data collection strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to provide independent analysis and interpretation of performance data using methods in economics, policy analysis, and/or statistics preferred.
• Experience in M&E system design and management preferred.
• Experience in preparing Terms of Reference and/or managing contracts preferred.
• Experience in preparing reports preferred.
• Experience in business administration, finance and management preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and local languages. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send the listed documents below via e-mail to:- [email protected]
In the subject line please write: GHAMFIN Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis to select a successful candidate. Applications should include:
• A letter of motivation (maximum one page)
• An updated CV, including three references
• Original documents are to be presented once the candidate is selected. Closing Date:
15 November, 2015 Please Note:
• No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Manual application will not be accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted,
• FEMALE CANDIDATES are strongly encouraged to apply.
GHAMFIN is an equal opportunity employer.