International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a qualified and energetic professional to help ensure that all IJM programs have high-quality monitoring in order to produce evidence of performance and impact. The successful candidate will be experienced in program design, data management, monitoring, and/or data quality assurance in the international development, public health or justice sector arena. This position is based at Accra with some national and international travel whenever necessary and will report to the Director of System Reform.
Data Management and Results Dissemination
• Coordinate data collection, reporting and analysis efforts and provide ongoing support to local partner organizations;
• Lead on data summaries/aggregation for monthly and quarterly reporting to IJM Headquarters and external donors;
• Implement regular data quality audits of program monitoring data and work with teams to correct data errors;
• Oversee the dissemination of key program monitoring data (organizational dashboard, etc.); and
• Develop and embed system to track the collection, review, and use of monitoring data.
Embed High-Quality Monitoring into Programs
• Provide technical assistance to programs so that they have a plausible plan to show achievement of outcomes and contribution to impact;
• Provide input into the design of new/revision of current programs, especially on baseline assessments, monitoring indicators, and evaluation plans;
• Review draft program proposals/plans for the quality of their monitoring and evaluation methodologies and plans;
• Participate in multi-disciplinary internal evaluation teams, including the development of terms of reference for external evaluators;
• Act as point person for consultants conducting M&E work in-country; and
• Participate in the planning for, execution of, and program re-design after external evaluations.
Increase Strong Monitoring Competence among Program Team
• Mentor program staff on relevant monitoring issues;
• Assemble and disseminate relevant resource materials, templates, and guidance documentation; and
• Keep abreast of and adapt programs to key developments in the monitoring arena.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, evaluation, research, program management or another related field, Master’s Degree preferred;
• Minimum of 5 years of successful experience in program monitoring, data management and/or evaluation – including:
1) designing, managing, or monitoring a complex program;
2) conducting data quality audits or quality assurance assessments;
3) capturing, synthesizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data;
4) presenting program monitoring or quality assurance results effectively to stakeholders;
5) training program staff on data management or monitoring issues; and
6) establishing an evaluation design.
• Exceptional ability in written and oral communications and presentation skills
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Proficiency in spoken and written English
• Experience working cross-culturally
• Knowledge of statistics and of common qualitative and quantitative methodologies, a plus
• Experience with statistical software and project management information systems, a plus
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Analytical thinker;
• Strong organization skills, with high level attention to detail;
• Effective as a team player;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Strong, developed leadership ability;
• Proactive, creative problem-solver; and
• Flexible and productive under pressure.
How to Apply For the Job
Please email a resume, cover letter, and statement of faith to:
18 January, 2019
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.